No recipient notification emails for gift premium memberships

Mike Fitz

Every year for the past several years my sister buys me a renewal for my premium membership on my birthday in September. This year I never received a message saying that they had bought me a gift membership unlike previous years and thought they had forgotten until I noticed my membership had been increased by a year, kind of awkward not to thank them for the gift since I wasn't notified.

Earlier this evening I bought my girlfriend a gift renewal for her premium membership which I've done every year and she also hasn't received an email telling her that a gift membership was purchased for her although it shows that her membership has been extended for another year. Is anyone else having this issue with gift memberships? 

• Surprised 2

I have a gmail address as does my girlfriend. My gift membership was purchased around the end of September/beginning of October and as mentioned my girlfriends was today. Neither of us received an email letting us know a gift membership was purchased although the buyer did receive one. Spam boxes checked as well regularly though none of my emails from geocaching.com has ever gone to spam. I do get many other notifications (found caches that I own, new cache notifications, finds on my watchlist, etc.) just fine. This is the first time either of us didn't get a gift purchase notification, find it odd the same thing happened to both of us with 2 different email accounts.