Browse v. Search caches maps.

Sagefox

When on a cache page and clicking on View Larger Map it defaults to the Search Caches map.  This map has very powerful search filters but for my purposes I never use it.  

Is there a way to make the Browse Caches map the default?    I tried the search forums tool but it didn't find what I was looking for.

37 minutes ago, Sagefox said:

When on a cache page and clicking on View Larger Map it defaults to the Search Caches map.  This map has very powerful search filters but for my purposes I never use it.  

Is there a way to make the Browse Caches map the default?    I tried the search forums tool but it didn't find what I was looking for.

I don't like this either! The search filters have no bearing at all when I want to see the cache on a larger map. 

Except for seeing contours, the Search map is of no use to me what-so-ever. It's slow to load and then only shows a small area. I use Browse map, where I can see all the caches. Very important to see all the caches, especially when preparing a trip of hundreds (or more) of kms. I need the broad overview.

Edited by Goldenwattle
2 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

"important to see all the caches, especially when preparing a trip of hundreds (or more) of kms. I need the broad overview."

Yep.  This is the way I use it too.  I want to see where all the caches are first and then make my route.

Thanks for the info everyone. 

• Love 1
On 11/14/2020 at 5:29 PM, Sagefox said:

My 'shortcut' is to use the "Find... ...all nearby caches" link, which produces a list, then click the Map This Location link to go to the Browse map. Seems to me to be the simplest/quickest way to get a browse map centered at the listing coordinates that doesn't involve cutting and pasting.

Edited by thebruce0