adding text to a picture for the visual impaired

PZ Dude

So I got this in the email and was like wow, that cool! 

If you have images on your cache page, your geocaching profile, or on any trackable pages—please consider adding alternative text to describe your image. This will help visually impaired players who rely on screen readers.

So I responded and oops a non email and please come here, so I did. 

I am not really sure which item or cache page or trackable you are talking about, but that OK. Thank you for bringing this concept to my attention. My best friend is blind. He has been on a quick geocache with me a few times but just stayed in the car. I have often contemplated how I could include him in the hunt for a geocache. The ONLY thing I can think of is something like the Chirp. But that does not help. I would need something more along the lines of a way to trigger a sound to a cache that can be easy accessed. Then how to sign the log? No really, how? So what I am asking is, who is using these pages that need to have a visual reader for I would like to know so I can help them and they can help me include my friend. Also, my best friend might be blind, but he is a computer programer and knows his way around a network. Have you ever been in the room with a blind guy who was on the computer with the reader going at 3 times the speed as he fixes your computer? I have and it kind of cool. So if you need someone to stress test the visual reader and have a few of your pages in mind, I can sit with a real blind guy and we can compare notes of how well it worked. 

Thanks, 
PZDude