Prior to submitting a new listing

Ry Dawg

3 hours ago, sgerbs said:

Don't worry about your earthcache being sent back to you. My first 5 or 6 all came back to me to have them edited.

Been there. One of my first got rejected entirely, in fact.

3 hours ago, sgerbs said:

The more you do, the better you get.

Absolutely. While I'm fond of the places I picked for my first few, I admit the earthcaches I put there don't hold up as well as my more recent ones.

@Ry Dawg, if you're comfortable posting it in the open, that's what this forum is for: to help for a better earthcaching experience. Or if you want to go offline with any who have offered to help, you're in good hands.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, geoawareUSA9 said:

Been there. One of my first got rejected entirely, in fact.

Same. Looking back on it, I understand why. It was hard at first, but I appreciate the advice I've received from GeoAwares. I'd like to think that my earthcaches only get better.

• Upvote 1
On 11/16/2020 at 12:42 PM, sgerbs said:

Same. Looking back on it, I understand why. It was hard at first, but I appreciate the advice I've received from GeoAwares. I'd like to think that my earthcaches only get better.

Good to hear. I got discouraged after my submission got rejected, it turns out it was too close to another, similar feature, and my earthcache wasn't different enough. And the feature was in Iceland, so I couldn't just pop back and fix it. But I kept at it, and, well, here I am as a geoaware, so it went well enough, I guess. :laughing:

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Love 1

Some people talk about High D/T ratings.

Some people talk about solving a difficult puzzle.

Some people talk about the cool places they go.

But I'll be honest, I'm still chasing that high from the first time I submitted an EC to the Geoaware and said "looking for feedback on what needs to change" and he said "I can publish it right now."

Whoosh. Blew. My. Mind. 

• Upvote 3

I'm hoping that this thread is an acceptable place for my question. I know that there is no rule for distances between an EC and a physical geocache, but.... when an EC is reviewed and published, is there any kind of look at what is right at GZ? I'm asking because my husband could not find an EC icon on the map and it turns out that's because it's at the same coordinates as one of our caches, so the icon was directly underneath mine. I don't think the ECO realized that, and in fact there are many many other places the EC coords can be for the exact same earth lesson, but I was just wondering if EC reviewers even have access to the coords of other caches when they review and publish the EC. Just curious.

20 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I'm hoping that this thread is an acceptable place for my question. I know that there is no rule for distances between an EC and a physical geocache, but.... when an EC is reviewed and published, is there any kind of look at what is right at GZ? I'm asking because my husband could not find an EC icon on the map and it turns out that's because it's at the same coordinates as one of our caches, so the icon was directly underneath mine. I don't think the ECO realized that, and in fact there are many many other places the EC coords can be for the exact same earth lesson, but I was just wondering if EC reviewers even have access to the coords of other caches when they review and publish the EC. Just curious.

Also happens with mystery caches.

14 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I know that there is no rule for distances between an EC and a physical geocache, but.... when an EC is reviewed and published, is there any kind of look at what is right at GZ? I'm asking because my husband could not find an EC icon on the map and it turns out that's because it's at the same coordinates as one of our caches, so the icon was directly underneath mine.

It's something I try to look for when I review - two of the caches I've published recently were at or near existing caches, I asked them to shift if there were other coordinates that would still call attention to the subject(s) of the earthcache. Sometimes I don't catch it.

I'd recommend bringing it to the earthcache owner's attention and asking if they would consider shifting their coordinates a hundred feet or so - it's in their interest to do so, if your cache icon is blocking theirs on the map.