people not finding the final cache on my Wherigo

dennistubaplayer

Hello! On my Wherigo, at the end I added a cache that is listed as a waypoint and is required to be found in order to be marked as complete, but there have been a few people that did the cartrige that refused to do the cache at the end. If it is listed as a waypoint, shouldn't it be a requirement to be found? It's like finding the first stage of the multi but not the second stage and marking it as found. Shoudn't it be a requirement to find it? Thanks! -Dennis

8 minutes ago, dennistubaplayer said:

Hello! On my Wherigo, at the end I added a cache that is listed as a waypoint and is required to be found in order to be marked as complete, but there have been a few people that did the cartrige that refused to do the cache at the end. If it is listed as a waypoint, shouldn't it be a requirement to be found? It's like finding the first stage of the multi but not the second stage and marking it as found. Shoudn't it be a requirement to find it? Thanks! -Dennis

I read the description of your Wherigo cache and didn't notice any requirements that you are referring to. Please, do not add any requirements to the cache description without consulting your local reviewer first, because this kind of additional requirements may not be allowed. It is quite normal that some players find the cache without using the Wherigo at all. This behavior is backed by HQ and you must accept that all players are not players at all.

51 minutes ago, dennistubaplayer said:

I thought that it was a requirement to visit all listed waypoints besides for parking, points of interest, etc.

Like with any physical cache, the only requirement to claim the find is that you sign the logbook.  Find the cache and sign the log (even without completing the Wherigo): smiley.  Complete the Wherigo, but don't find the cache: no smiley.

• Helpful 1
2 hours ago, dennistubaplayer said:

Let's see if I've got this right.  At the end of playing the Wherigo, the final zone is where "final" is located (which they sign) and then you also direct the player (with coordinates?) to an additional waypoint/cache to help "prove" they completed it?

5 minutes ago, coachstahly said:

Let's see if I've got this right.  At the end of playing the Wherigo, the final zone is where "final" is located (which they sign) and then you also direct the player (with coordinates?) to an additional waypoint/cache to help "prove" they completed it?

No, I made it so that the cartrige directs the cacher to the final stage, a physical. I also listed the waypoint (that doesn't show the coordinates, just where it is) on geocaching.com

Edited by dennistubaplayer
30 minutes ago, dennistubaplayer said:

No, I made it so that the cartrige directs the cacher to the final stage, a physical. I also listed the waypoint (that doesn't show the coordinates, just where it is) on geocaching.com

So there's no bonus cache.  It's only the final. By stating that there are cachers not signing the bonus cache, the implication is that there's an additional physical cache they should be finding, on top of the already required physical final stage.  You're saying that there's only the final physical cache that they need to find and sign to claim the log.  That's not a bonus cache - that's just the final.

Their name isn't on the final log, you can delete their find (assuming they claimed the find online).  Personally, I don't list a waypoint for the final, hidden or otherwise.  It just potentially adds to any confusion, like here.  I also don't list waypoints for other stages that they're going to visit.  That's all contained within the cartridge so I see no need to add it to the cache page.

Edited by coachstahly
  • Upvote 2
12 hours ago, dennistubaplayer said:

I'm a little confused by what you're asking but I'll try to answer what I think it is.

To log a completion on a Wherigo cartridge (using the unlock code) all you have to do is complete the cartridge. You don't need to find the physical final.

To log a "find" on your Wherigo geocache, on Geocaching.com, seekers need to find the final container and sign the logbook. They don't necessarily have to do the cartridge themselves (they can tag along with a friend for example). 

Does that answer your question?

Edited by MtnGoat50