Unreachable adventure lab short link

xjurasek

Problem already submitted in July 2019 but Groundspeak never corrected the situation by validating the "Custom access code" field to get a valid and functional URL.

Please validate the "Custom access code" field to get a valid and functional URL
https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/357465-please-validate-the-custom-access-code-field-to-get-a-valid-and-functional-url/

4 hours ago, xjurasek said:

They "corrected" this situation by disabling "Custom access code" field (

I don't believe what I'm reading ...
Trying to fix a problem, they create another one...
These programmers have blinders?
Can't they see the collateral damage of such changes?
If the field has been removed, how will the geocachers be able to correct their invalid link?
The solution was simple: Validate the "Custom access code" field to get a valid and functional URL.

• Funny 2
  • Helpful 1

Sorry if I was a bit rude in my previous answer, I apologize.

For a new Adventure Lab, it's okay not to have the "Custom access code" field. The URL is then generated automatically.

But for existing Adventure Labs with invalid or non-functional URL, geocachers need a way to correct the situation because right now, there are hundreds and hundreds of invalid URLs around the world that cannot be fixed (there are accented characters in several languages including Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish, etc.).

Regards!

Edited by OusKonNé & Cétyla
  • Helpful 1