Membership & Log in Page

CindyLouWho2

Today I could not log in to geocaching. When I tried a message popped up that an email had been sent to my email address to validate my account. No such email was in my inbox. 

Tried  again and the message  popped up again and I noticed it had a link to click to have the validate email sent again, so clicked that, email arrived and I was able to validate. I just found it very weird, never had to do that before . Has this recently happened to any other members? 

With things that are being hacked these days just a little cautious. 

8 minutes ago, CindyLouWho2 said:

Today I could not log in to geocaching. When I tried a message popped up that an email had been sent to my email address to validate my account. No such email was in my inbox. 

Tried  again and the message  popped up again and I noticed it had a link to click to have the validate email sent again, so clicked that, email arrived and I was able to validate. I just found it very weird, never had to do that before . Has this recently happened to any other members? 

With things that are being hacked these days just a little cautious. 

That's a valid question. I've only had to do it when creating a new account. I'm assuming that you had already done that when you created your account which is why this new message was suspicious!

Yes exactly I am a long time member, so this was weird.  I need to update my payment info due to an expired credit card. But I'm not really wanting to do that if my geocaching account has been hacked. I have sent an email to geocaching in the help center.  Hopefully they can provide some info and reassurance that their website hasn't been hacked to get peoples credit card numbers. 

Perhaps Groundspeak sent email to your account and that email bounced. Repeated bounced email and similar issues have caused Groundspeak's email servers to be marked as spam sources, and Groundspeak has started working harder to avoid that. I think that one of the things they've done has been to mark email accounts as unvalidated after email bounces.