Why can't I download certain caches onto my garmin

Hello everyone! I had a quick question. For some reason, When I try to download certain certain caches onto my Garmin Rino 750, They don't show up. The only ones it won't let me download are the more "off catagory" ones such as the Signal locationless and the APE caches. Does anyone know why? Thanks! -Dennis

Edited by dennistubaplayer

Caches beyond about 100 miles from the current location tend to not automatically appear on a modern Garmin GPS.  Does that seem like a possibility?

If you're saying the GPX files of certain caches are not in the GPX folder of the GPS, that's a different issue.

Edited by kunarion
20 minutes ago, dennistubaplayer said:

... and the APE caches. Does anyone know why? Thanks! -Dennis

Considering that both still available APE caches are near Seattle (WA) and São Paulo (Brazil), some devices need that you search the map, close to those locations... by instance when you switch on, the map will be centered on your current location, then those caches will not show up. The same thing happens on a big list of caches, most probably they will be the last on the list. Try searching by entering text, instead.

• Helpful 1
On 11/11/2020 at 10:15 AM, dennistubaplayer said:

Hello everyone! I had a quick question. For some reason, When I try to download certain certain caches onto my Garmin Rino 750, They don't show up. 

I, like others here, assume you mean they do not show up in the Geocache List on the GPSr? There are restrictions on what caches are shown and when. Detailed information for your Rino 750 can be found here.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:15 AM, dennistubaplayer said:

The only ones it won't let me download are the more "off catagory" ones such as the Signal locationless and the APE caches. Does anyone know why? Thanks! -Dennis

Neither of those unique cache types are currently supported by any Garmin GPSr, but they will appear as a simple generic geocache symbol (Treasure Chest Closed). You may have to apply the 'Show All' filter before they appear in the list or on the map. See the previous link for detailed instructions.

• Helpful 1