ID starting with GL?

mrscarrey

Hi, please see step 2 and 5 of this multi-cache. I entered in GLBB4P4P on the map and nothing came up. So what does GL represent? Sounds like I need to find Step 1 to get some info for for how to find step 2?

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4EZEF

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4EYJJ - on this one it starts with GC but doesn't work when I search it, fyi.

I searched and see that GL stands for geocache log, but I don't really know what that means in terms of finding it...

thanks for the help!

The listing that makes sense is GC4EYJJ and others, which shows this:

Part 1: GC4EYJJ - short two stage cache
Part 2: GC4EYK1 – regular cache (archived - the only one I've found)
Part 3: GC4EYKB – night cache, short two stage cache
Part 4: GC4EZEF – night cache, short night trail cache
Part 5: GC4EZFP- Final Cryptex cache (missing)

Those are all searchable caches, and it all makes some kind of sense.  If you could find the first 4, then you get the information for GC4EZFP.

I would have ignored all of those GL labels in the GC4EZEF cache page and stick with the ones for "Part 1" and the others.

That said, I wouldn't get your hopes up about "Part 5" since "Part 2" has been archived, though found after that back in January 2019, and the final has been missing since September.

Edited by ecanderson
5 minutes ago, ecanderson said:

The listing that makes sense is GC4EYJJ and others, which shows this:

Part 1: GC4EYJJ - short two stage cache
Part 2: GC4EYK1 – regular cache (archived)
Part 3: GC4EYKB – night cache, short two stage cache
Part 4: GC4EZEF – night cache, short night trail cache
Part 5: GC4EZFP- Final Cryptex cache

Those are all searchable caches, and it all makes some kind of sense.  If you could find the first 4, then you get the information for GC4EZFP.

I would have ignored all of those GL labels in the GC4EZEF cache page and stick with the ones for "Part 1" and the others.

That said, I wouldn't get your hopes up about "Part 5" since "Part 2" has been archived, though found after that back in January 2019, and the final has been missing since September.

Ah bummer, thank you for the heads up. 

Part 2 (the one I found back in 2013) has some sketchy log history, having been found twice after it was noted that this was supposedly private property, causing the archival.

It's planted on a ditch road, which is the only way to access it.  Even the description notes that a No Trespassing sign was added at some point.  It wasn't there when I visited the cache.

Whether the sign is legit or not, who knows?  I've seen local residents put up signs like that on COUNTY ROADS here in Colorado just to try to keep the 'riff raff' out of their territory.

5 hours ago, mrscarrey said:

Hi, please see step 2 and 5 of this multi-cache. I entered in GLBB4P4P on the map and nothing came up. So what does GL represent? Sounds like I need to find Step 1 to get some info for for how to find step 2?

A GL is a cache log. When I go to coord.info/GLBB4P4P I get this:

image.png.d6f3484bcbef432739fa64b20f9a3287.png

So yes, it looks like it's on an archived cache.