Texas State Parks interested in Geocaching

I went out to Tawakoni State Park last evening to check on the two caches that I have out there. While I was our there, I ran into Ken, the Land Manager who I've been working with.

He told me that the regional director sent all land managers an email asking about geocaching and the pros & cons. Ken replied to him telling that he's seen no detrimental impact whatsoever and commented that a lot of trash had been removed from the cache areas. He also gave the director my name, phone number and email address in case he wanted to get our perspective and to get more questions answered if he had any.

All-in-all, I think we're starting to get a good reputation. This is good news for us!

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

Webbling has been talking to the Ft.Worth Nature Center also and I have been trying to get in contact with the manger of the Dallas Nature Center with no luck yet but I'm driving out there on Tuesday.The Ft.Worth center has 5 cache in it,the Dallas one has one.

I would follow my GPS to the gates of Hell if it pointed that way.