Hong Kong Souvenir

DARKSIDEDAN

Groundspeak considers Hong Kong, Macao, and China as separate countries.

Souvenirs badges are entirely at the whim of the marketing department, who trickles them out at a glacial pace, a few a year, to keep the suspense as high as possible.

I don't care if I have a badge for HK.  I know I've discovered the place and its world-class combination of caching, hiking, and food.  A little artwork, meh, I'm guessing 50% chance in my lifetime.  (Oh don't be so cynical VP, a more accurate guess might be, 50% chance in the next 5 years.)  I just wanna to go back there in person, 'nother whole story...

Edited by Viajero Perdido
Attempting accuracy for an imprecise concept
  • Funny 1

Waiting for the HK souvenir since I was there for an internship for two months in 2014!

That would be much more for me than e.g. 'Celebrating 3 million active geocaches' (what's not my merrit).

Does anyone knows if Groundspeak is interested in user made country souvenirs?

If that would be a chance to get that sovenir (before this unique country may turn into history), I would try to create one.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Cachy said:

Waiting for the HK souvenir since I was there for an internship for two months in 2014!

That would be much more for me than e.g. 'Celebrating 3 million active geocaches' (what's not my merrit).

Does anyone knows if Groundspeak is interested in user made country souvenirs?

If that would be a chance to get that sovenir (before this unique country may turn into history), I would try to create one.

You should email HQ about this idea

• Upvote 1

While I was being overwhelmed(?) in reducing details of photos taken on my own (skyline, Aqua Luna or ferries, djungle, Peak Tram) to be shown alltogether in only ONE souvenir a much more simple souvenir was published.

But that's O.K., thanks!

Did I miss a newsletter that the formerly announced 'new country souvenirs' are already active?

Found it by chance here today:

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=29&pgid=792#countrysouvenirs

25 minutes ago, PapaRonNL said:

Where is the Ireland country souvenir?
We have al the regional batches but never got one for the country itself.
Help states that Ireland has a country batch, but it does show up.
https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=29&pgid=792#countrysouvenirs
I checked with other geocachers, they also are missing the country batch.

There isn't one yet. I think that page is a little ahead of events. But it is planned.

Our player profile would have Ireland, too. and San Marino, both of which are listed on that page, but neither has been released yet. edit: oops

Edited by geoawareUSA9