Notification "There are new adventures near you" should be customizable

Hofmannsthal-Gang

26 minutes ago, Hofmannsthal-Gang said:

I often get the notification "There are new adventures near you", although there are no new adventure lab caches really near to me.

What ist the distance threshold for these notifications and how can I change (customize) it?

Unknown Groundspeak never gave an official answer.

30 minutes ago, Hofmannsthal-Gang said:

I often get the notification "There are new adventures near you", although there are no new adventure lab caches really near to me.

What ist the distance threshold for these notifications and how can I change (customize) it?

I found the opposite to be true in my experience. I only get a notification if it's close, like 10 miles. But 20 miles seems to be outside the notification range. We're still trying to figure out what it is! 

16 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I found the opposite to be true in my experience. I only get a notification if it's close, like 10 miles. But 20 miles seems to be outside the notification range. We're still trying to figure out what it is! 

I have the same problem. Recently I didn't get any notification at all about ~3 new ALs, which are clearly <20km from me so...

1 hour ago, Lynx Humble said:

Where you near your home when they got published? 

It's seems to use your current position when they are getting live.

I was even closer than my home is :D

But maybe there were problems with my gps signal? Hard to tell right now.

Edited by sernikk
  • Funny 1

I'm sure there are multiple channels of communication because not everyone is here or on Facebook, etc. Getting feedback from multiple channels has the best chance of hearing from a larger audience. 

I can understand directing Facebook users to use the app. Facebook has a way of making a post vanish after you have seen it once. Not easy to go back and look at it again 

On 11/11/2020 at 12:51 PM, rragan said:

On Facebook, AL group, the head of the AL team requested that feedback be sent via the Feedback mechanism built into the Adventure Lab app and that way it would get to the whole AL team.

I guess one could ask what the hell they're doing over on Facebook.  Have NEVER seen (though yes, could have missed) notification here that FB is their preferred 'meeting place' vs. GCHQ's own forums.  What's the world coming to?

Appreciate the heads up on the 'Feedback mechanism' that is supposed to exist within the app, but I'm not seeing that option. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, ecanderson said:

Appreciate the heads up on the 'Feedback mechanism' that is supposed to exist within the app, but I'm not seeing that option.

Screenshot for iPhone above.  Just checked Android, and it’s in the same place - click on ‘Profile’, bottom-right.  Are you seeing something different?

• Helpful 1

Nope.  Just didn't spot it.  Didn't expect it there, I guess.  Thanks.

Just offered my complaint about yet ANOTHER app that author feels must run in background.  The only legitimate reason is for notifications, and I asked them to permit instead email notification of new ALs and NO background operation.