Playing Your Own Adventure Lab

Tetagoucher

I haven't participated.  Are you saying that currently owners of "adventure" labs can claim their own caches as a found ?  Thanks.  :)

Seems odd if true, when they put a stop to all that just a few years ago, with people logging their own caches every time they did maintenance (and multiple logging other's caches too).

57 minutes ago, Tetagoucher said:

Is collecting smileys on your own adventure lab the same as collecting a smiley at an event you hosted, no big deal?

I agree with what someone else said collecting smileys on your own adventure lab is like collecting a smiley on your own geocache. It's another thing about ALs that surprises me.

2 hours ago, Tetagoucher said:

Is collecting smileys on your own adventure lab the same as collecting a smiley at an event you hosted, no big deal?

One cacher would say it's not a problem at all and other is going to complain how inappropriate this is to log something you created.

I haven't finished my own AL scenario yet, but I see no problem of doing so in the future. I have some reasons for that:

– your own adventures look exactly the same as any other on the map,

– there is no way to hide your own adventures from the map,

– you can't see what rating your AL scenario has with the accuracy of .1 if you haven't finished your AL (I'm talking about real value like 4.9, not the approximated star rating).

Edited by sernikk
Just now, Max and 99 said:

Tell me more. I don't know much about this. 

If you look at any adventure you can see the rating from 1 to 5 stars with half-star accuracy like here:

obraz.png.c5da1ccc08411a57c11124dac2d2b0f7.png

So you can guess that the adventure has 4.5 out of 5 star rating.

But.. if you go into the Activity log and try to add a new or edit your currently existing review on the Adventure Lab scenario, you can see this:

obraz.png.9d824c62a915e7e2021f70e074dd1d8d.png

And as you see, the real evaluation of this AL is 4.6 ;)

2 hours ago, sernikk said:

One cacher would say it's not a problem at all and other is going to complain how inappropriate this is to log something you created.

I haven't finished my own AL scenario yet, but I see no problem of doing so in the future. I have some reasons for that:

– your own adventures look exactly the same as any other on the map,

– there is no way to hide your own adventures from the map,

– you can't see what rating your AL scenario has with the accuracy of .1 if you haven't finished your AL (I'm talking about real value like 4.9, not the approximated star rating).

After all the heated posts just a few years ago, , I just think it's odd that Groundspeak has changed their position on logging your own cache.  

Okay, as one never "finding" one of these things yet, I'm curious...   It's on a map, so this is still a location game/hobby, right ?

You'd have no idea when looking that, "that AL right there..." on the map is yours ?   

Once you get to the location, wouldn't you  realize it's yours ? 

I don't understand why a "rating" difference, whatever it might be, would be a reason to log your own cache found.  Please explain. Thanks.  :)

2 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

I don't understand why a "rating" difference, whatever it might be, would be a reason to log your own cache found

if I really wanted to know the specific rating of my adventure lab I would just ask someone who had logged it. It would take 2 seconds for them to find that. 

3 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

You'd have no idea when looking that, "that AL right there..." on the map is yours ?   

You'd know it's yours. ? When you click on an adventure lab it tells you who placed it before you even go to all five/ten locations.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, cerberus1 said:

After all the heated posts just a few years ago, , I just think it's odd that Groundspeak has changed their position on logging your own cache.  

Okay, as one never "finding" one of these things yet, I'm curious...   It's on a map, so this is still a location game/hobby, right ?

Once you get to the location, wouldn't you  realize it's yours ? 

I don't understand why a "rating" difference, whatever it might be, would be a reason to log your own cache found.  Please explain. Thanks.  :)

Visibility of the exact rating of the AL is not available if you haven't finished the AL you are looking at. This way you can't see score on your own AL.

I don't understand why HQ decided to gave the possibility of logging your own AL either. But it is a fact that you can do it.

Of course I realize the AL on the map is mine, but it is showing up the exact same way as any other not yet done Adventure Lab scenario. It's just annoying, thats all ;)

I also think that maybe in the future, HQ finaly will introduce the possibility to hide finished scenarios. If they do it, finishing your own scenario will be probably the only way to hide it :laughing: