Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
mrscarrey

OV find in log?

Recommended Posts

I have searched and cannot find this meaning of "OV" find. Can someone enlighten me please as to what the OV stands for? Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post

Ask the people who are logging with this abbr.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, HHL said:

Ask the people who are logging with this abbr.

This may be a dumb question, but what is the best way to do that? Is there a way to do it from the app cache activity log or in here? 

Share this post


Link to post

Go to the cache page. Search the log containing OV. Hit the name of the logging cacher which leads you to their profile page. Message (or better) email the geocacher. Ask your question. ;-)

Edited by HHL
typo

Share this post


Link to post

I suspect that the group of three who found before you were making note of which cacher actually made the find. OV is a part of their caching name.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, HHL said:

Go to the cache page. Search the log containing OV. Hit the name of the logging cacher which leads you to their profile page. Message (or better) email the geocacher. Ask you question. ;-)

Done. Thank you so much!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, K13 said:

I suspect that the group of three who found before you were making note of which cacher actually made the find. OV is a part of their caching name.

 

Oh my gosh, how did you know which cache I was referring to!? There must be a way to see my latest activity or something, lol, but that would make sense, thank you! Another question, if I cannot for the life of me figure out a puzzle, what is the protocol? Is it ok to message the owner and ask for more hints? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, mrscarrey said:

Oh my gosh, how did you know which cache I was referring to!? There must be a way to see my latest activity or something, lol, but that would make sense, thank you! Another question, if I cannot for the life of me figure out a puzzle, what is the protocol? Is it ok to message the owner and ask for more hints? 

I clicked your name and am linked to your user profile. Your cache history/activity is displayed there.

As to asking for hints on puzzle caches, the cache owner is the best person to ask. When I need help, I always start my message with the steps I have tried, and the ideas I have about the solution. Thus far, I have been given the nudge to get me in the right direction toward a solution.

Good luck in this new hobby.

  • Helpful 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, K13 said:

I clicked your name and am linked to your user profile. Your cache history/activity is displayed there.

As to asking for hints on puzzle caches, the cache owner is the best person to ask. When I need help, I always start my message with the steps I have tried, and the ideas I have about the solution. Thus far, I have been given the nudge to get me in the right direction toward a solution.

Good luck in this new hobby.

Thank you much!

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/9/2020 at 11:50 AM, mrscarrey said:

if I cannot for the life of me figure out a puzzle, what is the protocol? Is it ok to message the owner and ask for more hints? 

I have a lot of puzzle caches.  When someone asks me for help with them I first ask them what they have tried already, and as long as they have tried something, I help them as much as they need.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, NanCycle said:

I have a lot of puzzle caches.  When someone asks me for help with them I first ask them what they have tried already, and as long as they have tried something, I help them as much as they need.

 

Cool, I messaged them this morning and gave them what I had tried so far. Fingers crossed! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×
×
  • Create New...