Beta Tester Issue

Blackadders

I had been asked to test an Adventure Lab by a fellow geocacher which was duly done with the owner in tow. I also beta tested the associated bonus cache ( I actually placed it ) after discussing a good hiding hole.

I use the Android App on the phone so today, after all the podium places of finds had been taken, I returned to place my stamp in the log book.

Now to the Lab cache itself. On the App it tells me that I have completed it albeit in the tester mode.

The question is, do I have to re do the adventure to claim a genuine find or should it carry over as a completion?

Further, I have three entries on the App of my phone of the same Adventure so if I do have to re do the adventure how do I delete what I already have? 

As mentioned I use a samsung galaxy S5 android phone.

I know my question sounds confusing so I hope it makes sense to someone.

Thanks in advance

Paul 

7 minutes ago, Blackadders said:

I had been asked to test an Adventure Lab by a fellow geocacher which was duly done with the owner in tow. I also beta tested the associated bonus cache ( I actually placed it ) after discussing a good hiding hole.

I use the Android App on the phone so today, after all the podium places of finds had been taken, I returned to place my stamp in the log book.

Now to the Lab cache itself. On the App it tells me that I have completed it albeit in the tester mode.

The question is, do I have to re do the adventure to claim a genuine find or should it carry over as a completion?

Further, I have three entries on the App of my phone of the same Adventure so if I do have to re do the adventure how do I delete what I already have? 

As mentioned I use a samsung galaxy S5 android phone.

I know my question sounds confusing so I hope it makes sense to someone.

Thanks in advance

Paul 

If you are asking how to delete the test Adventure Lab, you click on the three dots at the top right to get you to the directory, then swipe left on the Adventure Lab that you tested. There are quite a few forum threads that explain how to do this. 

Is this what you are asking?

You're going to claim a find on a cache you placed? 

Edited by Max and 99
6 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

If you are asking how to delete the test Adventure Lab, you click on the three dots at the top right to get you to the directory, then swipe left on the Adventure Lab that you tested. There are quite a few forum threads that explain how to do this. 

Is this what you are asking?

You're going to claim a find on a cache you placed? 

Thank you for letting me know how to delete them I did try and follow what had been written previously but had been doing it wrong :(

No I was with the owner when it was placed, I just suggested a better spot, then confirmed the co ordinates.

The other question is, do I need to re do the adventure even after I have already completed it as a tester? This is all new to me.

• Funny 1
Just now, Blackadders said:

Thank you for letting me know how to delete them I did try and follow what had been written previously but had been doing it wrong :(

No I was with the owner when it was placed, I just suggested a better spot, then confirmed the co ordinates.

The other question is, do I need to re do the adventure even after I have already completed it as a tester? This is all new to me.

I believe so. Well to clarify, you don't need to. You can leave everything just as it is right now. Do you see the adventure lab finds on your account? I'm guessing not, since you were using the test link. So if you want the finds to show on your account you'll need to complete the adventure lab when it goes public. That's my understanding.

"Test" URLs are for testing; if you've tested an Adventure for someone - swipe left on the Adventure to remove it from your completed list in the Adventures app.

After - you get to head back out and revisit the stages in "true play mode" and answer the questions to earn your "Smilies" and increase your find count.