Wherigo app gone from iOS App Store

rragan

I can't say a lot but I've been a beta tester for the revised iOS Wherigo app. It will be a newer look and some new features. That said, if the cartridge itself has problems this will not magically fix those. Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer. 

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 2
23 hours ago, rragan said:

I can't say a lot but I've been a beta tester for the revised iOS Wherigo app. It will be a newer look and some new features. That said, if the cartridge itself has problems this will not magically fix those. Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer. 

I was going to make the switch from Android to iPhone this month. I wouldn't want to do so if the app is not available for iOS by Fall of 2021. Do you think that's a realistic timeframe for the updated app to be back in the store? I see wig's going the way of old virtuals over time, especially as more Adventure Labs are published. I still seek out Wherigo's and  I expect I will do so even more if/as they dwindle in number. 

I the meantime, if I make the switch to iOS, I will need to carry an alternate device to use for wig's.

7 hours ago, hikecycletri said:

I was going to make the switch from Android to iPhone this month. I wouldn't want to do so if the app is not available for iOS by Fall of 2021. Do you think that's a realistic timeframe for the updated app to be back in the store? I see wig's going the way of old virtuals over time, especially as more Adventure Labs are published. I still seek out Wherigo's and  I expect I will do so even more if/as they dwindle in number. 

I the meantime, if I make the switch to iOS, I will need to carry an alternate device to use for wig's.

Seems very reasonable to me. A bit over a month ago HQ said "we are working on improvements to the login process for the Wherigo® app for iOS and anticipate those will be completed in 2-3 weeks. This will likely require you to download a new version of the app for the updates." 

Also if you do move to iOS, take a look at Cachly - a really good choice for cachers on iOS.