Hiding finished Adventure Labs

sernikk

Recently in my area many lab caches were created, which is fine. The only problem is that they are stacking up very quickly, mainly because all adventures are near city centre. This is causing two problems:

– New labs are hidden behind already existing scenarios, including the ones which I have already finished.

– The more scenarios, the more laggy and slow the app gets. This may be a problem with my not top-notch android smartphone, but I think with time it will get worse. Poland has not as many lab caches as other countries, when I look for example at Berlin, I can't even scroll the map.

So maybe it would be nice to have the possibility to at least hide finished scenarios from mapview. I know there is also a possibility to look at a list of lab cache scenarios, but map is so much more user friendly. Doing that would increase the performance of the app and facilitate use.

What do you think?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, sernikk said:

Recently in my area many lab caches were created, which is fine. The only problem is that they are stacking up very quickly, mainly because all adventures are near city centre. This is causing two problems:

– New labs are hidden behind already existing scenarios, including the ones which I have already finished.

– The more scenarios, the more laggy and slow the app gets. This may be a problem with my not top-notch android smartphone, but I think with time it will get worse. Poland has not as many lab caches as other countries, when I look for example at Berlin, I can't even scroll the map.

So maybe it would be nice to have the possibility to at least hide finished scenarios from mapview. I know there is also a possibility to look at a list of lab cache scenarios, but map is so much more user friendly. Doing that would increase the performance of the app and facilitate use.

What do you think?

There are many forum threads stating this exact same thing: a request to be able to filter Adventure Labs on the map. 

13 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

There are many forum threads stating this exact same thing: a request to be able to filter Adventure Labs on the map. 

Right I could have not made this thread, but there are many of them and I just missed it. (

Nevertheless it would be nice to remind HQ about this idea, as this suggestion was noted by a Lackey in march 2020. It is still not introduced and a lot changed since then.

Edited by sernikk
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, sernikk said:

Nevertheless it would be nice to remind HQ about this idea, as this suggestion was noted by a Lackey in march 2020. It is still not introduced and a lot changed since then.

It would be hard to find someone who doesn't agree with you that this change would benefit the AL experience!

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, sernikk said:

The more scenarios, the more laggy and slow the app gets. This may be a problem with my not top-notch android smartphone, but I think with time it will get worse.

I have exactly the same problem. A somewhat older Android phone, and scrolling/zooming the map with lots of ALs shown can become almost impossible. And while I know that my phone is not state-of-the-art, the AL app is only(!) one which has such blatant performance issues. E.g. Google Maps, where I also scroll and zoom a dynamic map with lots of icons and info popping up, is much smoother to use.

This, together with the ridiculously excessive battery usage, is a sign that the app must use some incredibly inefficient code.