What is this icon/logo? green envelope?

Envelope, right?  Everybody sees that as an envelope?  From the snail-mail days*.

That suggests, a message.  Caches send or receive messages?  You received a message about a puzzle cache?  Is this how the Message Center notifies you?  Kinda doubt it, but that's my best way to fit meaning into that envelope image.

If either of the above two posters' answers are correct (I really don't know), then in each case, there's an obvious different icon that would seem to fit better.

(* Or maybe it's a purse.  Fuss twice with the clasp to get it open, then drop junk inside.  So maybe it obviously means, personal cache note.  Seriously, I don't know.)

Edited by Viajero Perdido
  • Upvote 2
  • Funny 3

https://www.geocaching.com/play/search?ot=4&note=1

What HHL said...

edited to add that owned overrides note, you see the star of owned, and found overrides note, you see the smiley face, and corrected coords overrides note, you get the ?? whatever that is. 

You get the envelope only on cache with a note that you don't own, haven't found and haven't corrected coords.

Edited by Isonzo Karst
  • Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
On 11/2/2020 at 7:48 AM, Isonzo Karst said:

edited to add that owned overrides note, you see the star of owned, and found overrides note, you see the smiley face, and corrected coords overrides note, you get the ?? whatever that is. You get the envelope only on cache with a note that you don't own, haven't found and haven't corrected coords.

Sorry, I just have to say, that's one heck of a paragraph on first reading :lol:

/carryon