Well, Happy Halloween, anyway...

Lostboy1966

Disclaimer: I am about to kvetch, so please start playing the world’s smallest violin for me. :rolleyes:

I released a series of Halloween-themed hides, asking my Reviewer for help getting them published in time (have I mentioned that Reviewers are awesome?).

It is a series of four caches, and I assumed that I would at least get a few finds on this beautiful Halloween day, as it was perfect hiking weather. As of this writing I have zero, nada, nothing.

The game really has slowed down, at least in my area. I remember when a new cache could expect a dozen or more finds in the first week, at least. It is demotivating. Anyway, even though I ask on my cache pages that no spoiler pictures be posted, here they are. I figured someone might like to see them.

Happy Halloween, everyone. And if you find yourself in the area...

Idle Time.jpg

Late November.jpg

Jack is Back.jpg

Hand of Glory.jpg

Edited by Lostboy1966
Photo Rotation
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Lostboy1966 said:

I released a series of Halloween-themed hides, asking my Reviewer for help getting them published in time (have I mentioned that Reviewers are awesome?).

It is a series of four caches, and I assumed that I would at least get a few finds on this beautiful Halloween day, as it was perfect hiking weather. As of this writing I have zero, nada, nothing.

The game really has slowed down, at least in my area. I remember when a new cache could expect a dozen or more finds in the first week, at least. It is demotivating. Anyway, even though I ask on my cache pages that no spoiler pictures be posted, here they are. I figured someone might like to see them.

Yeah, a similar thing here, with the same two or three names appearing in the logs of new caches then little or nothing after that. My Nemophilist Challenge that was published in October last year had two finds in the first week and nothing since, and even my Adventure Labs have just got a handful of visits on the first day or two then silence.

While not specifically themed for Halloween (it's not really a big thing in this country), I have a cache in a cave that uses a Halloween prop as the container, a Grim Reaper doll with light-activated special effects. It was published two years ago and has had 16 finds, the most recent in June this year. It's now almost at the point where I'm replacing the batteries more often than it's being found.

Reaper.jpg.2a3eebbdd366bc69db0fca084d406622.jpg

Your caches look great, I hope they soon see some activity.

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Upvote 1

Fantastic caches! I looked at the Jack cache listing.  3 finders going for FTF on the first day (the 25th) of publication, then nothing.  :mellow:

But I was really happy to see that one finder left a photo of himself holding the logbook with an old-fashioned full page log note, plus a really nice signature stamp. 

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, L0ne.R said:

one finder left a photo of himself holding the logbook with an old-fashioned full page log note, plus a really nice signature stamp

Yeah, like me he is another cacher that has come out of 'retirement' during Covid. It's just not the same game anymore from what I see. I suppose I have to get used to a few logs per year if I'm lucky. Not to be cynical (as I'm being cynical), but I may as well start tossing micros in the woods instead. It's far less effort for apparently the same result. (Again, fire up that world's smallest violin.) ;)

• Upvote 3
5 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

Yeah, a similar thing here, with the same two or three names appearing in the logs of new caches then little or nothing after that.

Same here... :(

5 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

My Nemophilist Challenge

Don't worry, there are some of us with their sights on being nemophilists.... :)