An Error Has Occurred

ScroogieII

I noticed a while ago that an attempt to edit a category directly from the [edit] link alongside the GREEN Category Title on the category's home page results in a visit to the dreaded An Error Has Occurred page. However, reverting to the category's Group Details page and editing from there results in success.

I just tried it again as I was writing this and the results were as I describe above.

Anyone else here experiencing the same "glitch"?

Bootron?

Keith

EDIT: Just discovered that both myself and the other Chrome user are using 32 bit, not 64 bit, Chrome. I'm using Chrome Portable, the other user, NOT. I'm about to reinstall with the 64 bit version, just in case that might solve the problem... ...

... ...64 bit solved another problem, but not this one

Edited by ScroogieII
On 11/13/2020 at 11:47 AM, RakeInTheCache said:

Oh no, nothing more elegant than yours.  I go to the "my categories" page and click on the edit link for the category I want to modify there.

So, the odds are that one could edit from pretty much anywhere BUT the page itself. Doubtless a sneaky "feature" provided by Groundspeak to encourage clicks. :D

On 4/5/2021 at 5:02 AM, Ariberna said:

Today is very slow WM isn't it?

All was OK all day in Canada yesterday, but a Waymarker (my fifth cousin, once removed, actually) from Finland mentioned to me that he was having essentially the same difficulty with posting.

Keith

On 11/11/2020 at 2:23 PM, RakeInTheCache said:

Yes, but have found a workaround and have more or less given up hope that Groundspeak will invest any time to fix it.

Dunno for how long, but editing from the "Edit" link on the category's page has worked the last several times, presently obviating the need for this thread. :)

14 hours ago, Ariberna said:

Hello,

The web off WM don't permit change the category of a WM. Put an error has occurred and I can't edit, delete, etc

Not quite sure exactly what you're trying to convey here, Ariberna, but I suspect that the problem will fix itself in short order, after a little nudge from Bootron.

He's managed to fix a few other, somewhat related, items in the last few days.

BTW - THANKS, Bootron!!!

Edited by ScroogieII