New Cache in my area alert

hoges in wa

6 minutes ago, hoges in wa said:

Hi,

Is there a way to get an alert for new caches in my area?  Tried to search this but it just went on and on and on and on.

Of course! Do you see the notifications link on your dashboard or profile? You have to set up a notification for each different geocache type. This screenshot shows the new notifications link on the bottom left of the new dashboard. You can delete notifications, you can edit notifications, and you can toggle them on and off if you want to pause them.

Screenshot_20201030-210234.png

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
2 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I got a new AL notification alert this morning. It works!

Screenshot_20201031-140136.png

How do you get an AL notification?  It's not one of the options (that I can see) in the regular (website) notifications section; I can't find notifications in the AL app or the Geocaching app at all.

Edit to add--well I found notification setup in the Geocaching app, by going through the Help, but still nothing on AL.

Edited by NanCycle
15 minutes ago, NanCycle said:

How do you get an AL notification?  It's not one of the options (that I can see) in the regular (website) notifications section; I can't find notifications in the AL app or the Geocaching app at all.

This is off topic for this thread which is dealing with cache notifications.

Anyway: Tap and hold the AdLab app icon. Tap "App Details". Set your app's notification settings accordingly.

Hans

58 minutes ago, NanCycle said:

Sorry. I accidentally responded to someone in the wrong thread! I didn't mean to get off topic with this thread. :D

On 10/31/2020 at 10:03 AM, Max and 99 said:

Of course! Do you see the notifications link on your dashboard or profile? You have to set up a notification for each different geocache type. This screenshot shows the new notifications link on the bottom left of the new dashboard. You can delete notifications, you can edit notifications, and you can toggle them on and off if you want to pause them.

Thanks for that.  I've set up 3.  What triggered it was an event in my town that I did not know about so now I can get advised when one occurs.  Thank you.

• Love 1