How do I change our account name.

Sagefox

I want to change our account name from Team Sagefox back to the original Sagefox.  We own both names so first I tried to change the Sagefox name to Temporary Sagefox and the Sagefox Temporary.  That way I could then move to Team Sagefox and change it to Sagefox.  But...

In trying to change the S name to either of the temporary variations the response is that the name is unavailable.   But for what reason?  Neither of these names are an account.

What can I do next?

• Funny 1
1 hour ago, Team Sagefox said:

I want to change our account name from Team Sagefox back to the original Sagefox.  We own both names so first I tried to change the Sagefox name to Temporary Sagefox and the Sagefox Temporary.  That way I could then move to Team Sagefox and change it to Sagefox.  But...

In trying to change the S name to either of the temporary variations the response is that the name is unavailable.   But for what reason?  Neither of these names are an account.

What can I do next?

A new username can't have any spaces, nor certain symbols.

I'm not sure you can use a previous username without special assistance from Geocaching.com.  Your plan seems complicated enough to ask before you even start.  Maybe they can save you some steps.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 2
40 minutes ago, kunarion said:

A new username can't have any spaces, nor certain symbols.

I'm not sure you can use a previous username without special assistance from Geocaching.com.  Your plan seems complicated enough to ask before you even start.  Maybe they can save you some steps.

Thanks a bunch.  I will try the no space option and the throw out the sos if that doesn't work.

1 hour ago, kunarion said:

"A new username can't have any spaces..."

That was it!  It took less than two minutes to make both changes.  I would not have thought about the space because our name always had that space in between the team and sagefox.  Things have changed over the 20 years.  

Thanks, again.  You made it easy.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1