Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Jayeffel

app and coordinate checker

I have done some mystery caches and when using the coordinate checker did so from my home computer. I see no way to do that using my IPhone app. 

When using the Phone when caching and get Mystery cache and solve the coordinates, how can in check or verify them in the field?

How can I input new coordinates, if possible, into the iPhone if I do not have my handheld GPS unit to enter coordinates? I think my brother did that to get the bonus, but do not know how he did it.

4 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

I have done some mystery caches and when using the coordinate checker did so from my home computer. I see no way to do that using my IPhone app. 

When using the Phone when caching and get Mystery cache and solve the coordinates, how can in check or verify them in the field?

How can I input new coordinates, if possible, into the iPhone if I do not have my handheld GPS unit to enter coordinates? I think my brother did that to get the bonus, but do not know how he did it.

The official geocaching checker is not available on the app. 

You can enter corrected coordinates on the app by going to waypoints and entering your own final coordinates. 

1 minute ago, Max and 99 said:

The official geocaching checker is not available on the app. 

You can enter corrected coordinates on the app by going to waypoints and entering your own final coordinates. 

Thanks, I know they say the only dumb question is the one not asked,  one of my fellow students in college proved thatwrong never and over.

Some things like what you suggested I had no clue, thanks. What I did before was to find the clues, work them out at home and use the checker, then go look for it - can add up miles quickly! I could use the Garmin but having a problem with the on/off button working. I saw a fix which I need to try- in between lawn work, fixing a wobble wheel on a trailer, grocery shipping etc. And cacheing trips,  cannot forget them!

From the app, click "Open in Browser" from any cache page and use the solution checker there in the browser.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1