Removing Trackable from personal inventory

cmanofmaps

Apologies if this has been covered before but I haven't been able to find an answer to this question. I have a TB that I grabbed from a cache five years ago and shortly after got out of geocaching. I recently got back in the game but the TB (unfortunately) got lost somewhere in the midst of life happening and then a cross country move, never to be seen again. I haven't been able to figure out a way to remove it from my personal inventory. The only answers I've been able to find are related to clearing out a TB from a cache inventory; however this one is listed as being in my hands. Is there a way to mark such a TB as missing?

3 hours ago, cmanofmaps said:

Apologies if this has been covered before but I haven't been able to find an answer to this question. I have a TB that I grabbed from a cache five years ago and shortly after got out of geocaching. I recently got back in the game but the TB (unfortunately) got lost somewhere in the midst of life happening and then a cross country move, never to be seen again. I haven't been able to figure out a way to remove it from my personal inventory. The only answers I've been able to find are related to clearing out a TB from a cache inventory; however this one is listed as being in my hands. Is there a way to mark such a TB as missing?

Noticed you didn't mention the Trackable Owner.  They're the one who has a long-missing trackable in limbo somewhere.

If you haven't notified the TO in five+ years, that would be a good start.   I know I'd appreciate someone being honest...

We know a couple folks who "Drop" the trackable in one of their archived hides when no answer from the TO, and mark it missing.

- That removes it from your inventory.

5 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

If you haven't notified the TO in five+ years, that would be a good start.

If it was my TB, I'd appreciate being told. That way I'd know it is definitely gone and I could re-send the code out on a proxy TB. Much better thing to do rather than just "making it disappear".

• Helpful 1