Disabling Adventure Lab?

My question is this.....we based our Adventure Lab on a local public art project.  Because of COVID, they are offering up some of these pieces for sale to help cover the operating budget for the local arts venue.  In other words.....some of our birds are flying the coop.  Some may re-appear in the spring but they don't have definite plans as of now.  Can we somehow disable our AL until the pieces are available again?  I do know how to edit things should they move to new locations and such.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Trekkin' and birdin' said:

My question is this.....we based our Adventure Lab on a local public art project.  Because of COVID, they are offering up some of these pieces for sale to help cover the operating budget for the local arts venue.  In other words.....some of our birds are flying the coop.  Some may re-appear in the spring but they don't have definite plans as of now.  Can we somehow disable our AL until the pieces are available again?  I do know how to edit things should they move to new locations and such.  Thanks.

Editing is very easy on the adventure lab builder! On each of the locations there is an edit button.

Be aware that users who have the AL downloaded to their device have a cached copy of the information. So if you change things like a question and the answer, their device will still show the old one information. They can swipe left to remove the cached copy and reload it but you need to communicate this. I just tested this with a change to an Answer on one I'm building using Test mode and confirmed this behavior which I suspected.  So edit with care.

• Upvote 1

I'm wanting to disable my AL due to a current Covid-19 Stay At Home health order by our state government (NSW, Australia). I know how to disable it and will enable it again once the restrictions are lifted.

My question is, will disabling the AL have any adverse affects on any of the data in the AL? For example, will the Activity Log be wiped clean? Hopefully, it's just a matter of turning it off for a period of time and turning it back on again later and all will be well.

Thanks

37 minutes ago, Calypso62 said:

I'm wanting to disable my AL due to a current Covid-19 Stay At Home health order by our state government (NSW, Australia). I know how to disable it and will enable it again once the restrictions are lifted.

My question is, will disabling the AL have any adverse affects on any of the data in the AL? For example, will the Activity Log be wiped clean? Hopefully, it's just a matter of turning it off for a period of time and turning it back on again later and all will be well.

Thanks

I cannot imagine a situation where the activity log would be wiped clean because you turned the adventure lab off public. 

It would be nice to get some guidance from HQ about turning off Adventure Labs from public view for an extended period of time, after they have been completed. 

Edited by Max and 99
  • Funny 1
1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

Are you going to disable all of your caches or just the adventure lab?

I've already disabled all of my caches that are located in the area of restriction. I do have some caches located outside the restricted zone so have left them in play for now. The bonus cache associated with the AL is disabled.

By temporarily disabling the AL, are there any issues for those that have previously found the AL?

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

It would be nice to get some guidance from HQ about turning off Adventure Labs from public view for an extended period of time, after they have been completed. 

Agree 100%

• Funny 1
7 hours ago, Calypso62 said:

I have an AL in a museum (no entry fees), which has been closed down twice for many months due to COVID. I had disabled my AL (i.e., set to "off") during these times, and this had no effect whatsoever on stats of finders, the activity log or anything. I simply switched it back to "Public", when the museum opened again, and everything was fine.

• Helpful 3
13 hours ago, baer2006 said:

I have an AL in a museum (no entry fees), which has been closed down twice for many months due to COVID. I had disabled my AL (i.e., set to "off") during these times, and this had no effect whatsoever on stats of finders, the activity log or anything. I simply switched it back to "Public", when the museum opened again, and everything was fine.

I was hoping this would be the case. Thanks baer2006 for your response. 👍