2 lines or 3

Not really getting it.  Maybe having an off-day, but sounds like your "2 or 3" lines is simply on a pen for a cache container ?

As someone who's had to replace pens, pencils, and even the pencil sharpeners every time we've done maintenance, I'd use all three.

Do not keep.

Use it to sign the log. 

Thank you.

Doubtful it'd help, but worth a shot...

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, MartyBartfast said:

This pen was stolen from a Geocache

For some people, that would make it more desirable! For extra sticky-fingerness, add the cache name and/or GC code. ;) 

If I put out caches, I'd probably just buy a box of cheap-o pencils from the dollar store, cut them into thirds and sharpen both ends. Put one or two in the cache, should last a while. (As in, the box should last a while, the pencils' will probably need replacing each cache visit as cerberus1 noted.)

Edited by Unit473L
Typo
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Unit473L said:

If I put out caches, I'd probably just buy a box of cheap-o pencils from the dollar store, cut them into thirds and sharpen both ends. 

We use freezer bags to separate the log and trackables from swag in ammo cans. 

We leave pencils on the bottom, yet they eventually somehow make it into one of those bags, and soon there's a puncture hole.

Our neighbor has things worse, running through a gross of golf pencils in two years.  But 'em real cheap.  :D

21 hours ago, moosehunter5 said:

yes, the 2 or 3 lines will be on a pen. sorry i didn't make that clear

Okay, guess we're playing 20 questions...  :D

Do you plan on leaving pens in planned geocaches, or leaving them in visited caches as swag ?  Thanks.     :)

We had pens imprinted once as swag.  They simply said Cache In Trash Out, and left in caches with film cans loaded w/ grocery bags.

Pens all went bye-bye, COs told us the film cans were there a long time...

11 minutes ago, moosehunter5 said:

I think the idea of imprinted pens is rather nice. I am still trying to decide whether to use as swag, signature item, or hand out to geo friends.

Perhaps a bit of each depending on how many I order at about $1 per

Sounds good.   Everybody could use another pen.    :)    

We stopped putting pens in our own caches.  Freeze n thaw, than leak all over the log (in your own caches long term).

I've been through your area when not taking the 401, and your Winters are colder than ours.

Drop them in others caches as easily grabbed swag, hand one to folks on the trail is nice.  We do that with unactivated signature geocoins now.

Perhaps we'll spot each other on a trail sometime and swap.

On 10/23/2020 at 4:37 PM, moosehunter5 said:

I think the idea of imprinted pens is rather nice. I am still trying to decide whether to use as swag, signature item, or hand out to geo friends. Perhaps a bit of each depending on how many I order at about $1 per

I think as swag is an excellent idea! We have pencils and mini gel pens in our caches and they seem to go quick. But I love your idea to imprint the pens. "I Found a Geocache!". "Geocache Addict". "I <3 Geocaching". This is a fun subject! Please let us know what you decide to imprint on them to give us ideas too!