travel bug

spiderschild

1 hour ago, spiderschild said:

hi, im new to the game. we hid a few caches near our home . went out today to check on them . one of the caches had a geocoin that i wanted to take home and log on my account. i wanted to know if thats ok or is it for other geocatchers to find .

Hi.  It’s perfectly fine for you to “retrieve” it out of your cache and move it along especially if you can help it along it’s mission (if it has one). You can always just discover the geocoin, or claim it if it is a unactivated.    

Take care,

ODS

• Surprised 1
1 hour ago, spiderschild said:

hi, im new to the game. we hid a few caches near our home . went out today to check on them .

one of the caches had a geocoin that i wanted to take home and log on my account. i wanted to know if thats ok or is it for other geocatchers to find .

That's perfectly fine, though you really need to learn how to log them properly...   

For example, the "celtic charms" coin had you Discover it, but (by your log...) you actually Retrieved it and Placed it in another cache.

Because you only "Discovered" it, it's still listed as being in another's hands, who also logged it incorrectly.  Now accuracy is further shot...

I feel if you aren't yet familiar with how Trackables work,  maybe it'd be best (for now) just to Discover it,  and leaving it in the cache.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1