How many stops

craft40

Greetings, 

During this experimental phase of Adventure Labs each award only includes 5 locations, as stated in the confirmation email: " Your Adventure Lab award includes up to five locations (you can use fewer if you prefer)."

Some Adventures have 10 locations, but those are currently reserved for Mega-Events, geocaching organizations, and other partnerships. 

We include 5 locations because we are testing new updates to the Adventure Lab platform and are looking for specific information. 

Thank you for your patience as we continue to fine-tune Adventure Lab!

On 10/19/2020 at 4:30 PM, ktaylor211 said:

Some Adventures have 10 locations, but those are currently reserved for Mega-Events, geocaching organizations, and other partnerships. 

Geocaching organizations?

Other partnerships?

Any examples, just to well understand?

Would like to get a 10-credit AL as part of a cultural event here in town.

• Funny 1
1 hour ago, OusKonNé & Cétyla said:

Geocaching organizations?

Other partnerships?

Any examples, just to well understand?

Would like to get a 10-credit AL as part of a cultural event here in town.

Yes, those are two examples. Lincoln Highway and Route 66 Adventure Lab power trails get 10 locations each. As I stated many times in the forums and got no response, there are individuals in my area that have 10 locations and absolutely no explanation why.

I suggest you just contact them and ask about getting 10 locations for your event. Good luck!

15 minutes ago, krazyknuk said:

Can you have just one stop for an AL or should it be a Virtual? 

Yes, an AL can have just one location but expect to get complaints if there's anything less than five as the numbers cachers will consider themselves short-changed. New virtuals can't generally be created unless you've been awarded one in the current Virtual Rewards offers.

34 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

I'm astounded that, after all this time since the creation of ALs, they haven't blocked this in the builder site. From the moment an AL goes public, or perhaps from the moment the first location is found, the stages should be locked and the add/delete functions greyed out. Surely this isn't rocket surgery.

I agree 100%.