No Emails?

Dr.MORO

Domo!!! (Howdy in Japanese ;)

Is it just me?

This morning here in Cambridge, MA, I have not received a single email message from "noreply@geocaching.com" which includes but not limited to all the geocaches notifications, Watchlist-ed geocaches & Travelbugs, Bookmarks notifications, etc. It seems I am not getting any email messages since last email received at 10:29 pm EDT yesterday Friday October 16th. Hampsters on break?

I did however receive my Pocket Query notification from "noreply@geocaching.com" at 5:09 am EDT this morning Saturday October 17th, but that the only email message I got.

To confess, I have ALL my Found (and DNF) geocaches on my Watchlist, and quick a few Travelbugs as well as several Bookmark lists with notifications activated. I usually get a ton of email from "noreply@geocaching.com" all the time 24/7/366.

But somehow most nothing received this nearly 12 hours.

What is going on?

Geocaching.com System Status http://status.geocaching.com/ seems to show everything is working and online, and Hampsters not slacking off. Really weird...

Anyone else having this issue?

Hmmmm....

Are the Hampsters listening???

Oddly, only after 25 minute I posted my massage here, I just started to receive emails from 'noreply@geocaching.com' once again, starting from a message timestamped 9:00 am EDT today Saturday October 17th. At least, Instant Notification, and Watchlist message has arrived so far.

I'll keep checking, and post here for updates.

Edited by Dr.MORO
1 hour ago, Dr.MORO said:

Hmmmm....

Are the Hampsters listening???

Oddly, only after 25 minute I posted my massage here, I just started to receive emails from 'noreply@geocaching.com' once again, starting from a message timestamped 9:00 am EDT today Saturday October 17th. At least, Instant Notification, and Watchlist message has arrived so far.

I'll keep checking, and post here for updates.

Now I wonder where have all the messages I have missed receiving while sleeping have gone...

Darn 'softo bakemono' ate them all??? :lostsignal:

And would I ever receive them, although delayed? :omnomnom:

Edited by Dr.MORO
1 hour ago, Dr.MORO said:

So, this time I guess the fluffy Hampsters scared off the 'softo bakemono' ソフト・バケモノ aka fluffy monstahs. :bad:

Evidently that's what happened.  Those hamsters can be tough.  However, I wouldn't use Romanji for bakemono.  ソフト・化物 is how I used to spell it, using it especially to encompass things that seemed to change in the software for no particular reason since 化 implies some sort of change.  There's lots of cool words for stuff like this in Japanese, and the phenomenon of a piece of software mysteriously changing its behavior is pretty universal!  gc.com certainly has their share of such issues.

Are you sure that messages are actually missing, or did you get a small blitz of them just as things freed up?

3 minutes ago, ecanderson said:

Evidently that's what happened.  Those hamsters can be tough.  However, I wouldn't use Romanji for bakemono.  ソフト・化物 is how I used to spell it, using it especially to encompass things that seemed to change in the software for no particular reason since 化 implies some sort of change.  There's lots of cool words for stuff like this in Japanese, and the phenomenon of a piece of software mysteriously changing its behavior is pretty universal!  gc.com certainly has their share of such issues.

Are you sure that messages are actually missing, or did you get a small blitz of them just as things freed up?

Not a single message from geocaching for nearly 12 hours? I very much doubt that.

I just wonder if it's only me and my mail address, or if anyone else have the same missing email issue from geocaching.com.

During this period, I DID receive email from other senders, just none from geocaching.com.

And yes, softwares are mysterious being 'soft'. Hardware are 'hard', yet they too also change & glitch, so being 'soft' should make them even more have changes & glitches.

Who knows, maybe those Hampsters like eating ソフト・化物 AND バグ bugs (insects) existing and appearing in the systems, hard and soft.