NEED RECCMD. FOR CACHE #100 in NC or VA AREA

Hawk-eye

Just thought I'd post an inquiry ... Triffid and I are just about to hit the 100 mark. I'd love to hear some reccmd. for that landmark cache ... either in NC or VA ... that we've not done of course ... but something kind of interesting ... challenging ... something worthwhile. If you have a favorite or plan on one in the next month ... I'd love to hear about it. Many thanks in advance ... If the cache is located near a good eatery that serves cold beer ... that would be a plus ... for the celebration to follow icon_biggrin.gif

348_2602.gif

Beaver's Playground is right around the corner from Worth the Trip... so you can make that your 101st! Either way, let me know what you do. We can make an event about it -- and have that beer!

Otherwise, I would recommend "Dreams of Flight" in Lenior, NC. That is a fantastic spot and quite a hike!

buddavista has it right. Beaver's Playground is quite the cache- you will feel a sense of accomplishment, and work up a thirst for that beer! This has the makings of a mini-meeting. I know that JeffersonStone would be up for it, anyone want to give Hawkeye a rousing celebration for hitting a milestone?

JoeyBob

This is a great cache, that I found expecialy hard, but not really because of hte terrain though. I had trouble with the questions... Make sure you study up real good for this one or have someone sitting at a computer to look stuff up while you're in the field.

Great Cache though, I had to make a few trips since I had no life-line icon_smile.gif

Come on guys.....Stop trying to entice Hawk-eye down south. Why don't you guys venture up here and try a few of ours. If you try to find Hawk 14 or The Challenge......I suggest you get a motel room, because you won't find either in one day.

Of course if you do.....Hawk and I would be happy to buy you a beer!

Jerry

quote:
I suggest you get a motel room, because you won't find either in one day.

Of course if you do.....Hawk and I would be happy to buy you a beer!

This sounds like a challenge doesn't it Joeybob? I think we may have to come up and hit that one on our way to Charlotte. We need a good warm up anyway. Just kidding! JC364, you can come down too for the celebration.

Looks like my Amigo Hawk-eye has started something. I would be honored to come down for your 100th find and of course the beer after the find icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for all the input!! We have been talking about our milestone for sometime now and HEY I'm up for a party. Thanks again.....Triffid

348_2302.gif

Hawk-eye your going to expect this, but poor Triffid has no idea whats in store for him! Not saying that it's going to be a walk in the park for you either. Cache Hunter 1 and I have decided on your 100th cache.

Gird thy self for battle.....if you want this 100th cache.....you will have to earn it!!

The cache will be in place by Saturday.

Jerry

Thanks for all the suggestions and offers ... looks like we're going to face El Diablo for number 100. Triffid should be at 99 by this weekend's conclusion and then it's a matter of when El Diablo and his evil forces to the north can set the cache up. If I understand correctly it's going to be a multi stage cache with stages in VA and NC that will have to be done in conjunction with each other to find the final cache which may or may not be in the Greensboro area. I'll post here as the "Master of evil" sets things up and we pursue the challenge. Everyone that wants to show up for the after cache celebration would be more than welcome!

Again guys thanks for the input and ideas. Great bunch of cachers in our area ... NC and Virginia!

348_2702.gif

quote:
Originally posted by triffid:

....after we destory the "Dark Ones"! And then of course there is the BEER!!!!

OH NOW YOU DID IT ... El Diablo is going to get all pissy and we're going to get skunked for sure .... NOT! I know he's going to crank out a tough one ... you're not going to believe this guy ... he sits up at night planning diabolical caches ... and the problem with it is ... he's good at it! I got hooked on his caches after the "Greenway" ... But "TEAM TRIFF-EYE" will prevail! We're going to be sitting there enjoying a couple fine cold adult beverages and a couple of Cohibas ... after this ordeal!

348_2702.gif

I'm not sure you guys want to be taunting me and my disciples. I liked Hawk-eyes statement that they would be sitting and drinking adult beverages...lol...more likely to be sitting in the woods and scratching thier heads! So just for that Hawk-eye..you may have to take a little road trip like Triffid.

Anyone in Charlotte or Raliegh have a suggestion for Hawk-eyes road trip....email me.

El Diablo

Can't believe it's over ... and a million thanks to everyone ... El Diablo and his horde, Cachehunter1 (good to finally meet), Huggy, JoeyBob, and the lovely Ms. Kathie (how did someone as sweet as you wind up with an evil old fart like EL DIABLO?) You guys went over and above the call of duty to do what you did. I'll never be able to repay you guys for the time and effort you put into making cache #100 one of the greatest days I've ever had. Eight hours, several hundred miles and every inch of my body in agony! UNBELIEVEABLE!

ALL I CAN THINK TO SAY IS ... EL DIABLO is da'MAN!

348_2702.gif