Place until when?

terratin

I just received an email from gs:

You received the opportunity to create an Adventure Lab experience for the global community. If you complete and set your Adventure to Public by October 31, 2020 you have the chance to be selected to create a second Adventure.

Please note:

• Your Adventure must be set to Public before December 15, 2020, or the award may be removed. Public Adventures have no expiration date, although if there are issues they may be turned off at the discretion of Geocaching HQ.

So this means I don't need to place it until 31. October? Phew, that would be brilliant as we're just back into kind of lockdown.

• Funny 1
3 minutes ago, terratin said:

You received the opportunity to create an Adventure Lab experience for the global community. If you complete and set your Adventure to Public by October 31, 2020 you have the chance to be selected to create a second Adventure.

Please note:

• Your Adventure must be set to Public before December 15, 2020, or the award may be removed. Public Adventures have no expiration date, although if there are issues they may be turned off at the discretion of Geocaching HQ.

So this means I don't need to place it until 31. October?

That's how I understand it. 

Edited by Max and 99
1 hour ago, terratin said:

Please note:

So this means I don't need to place it until 31. October? Phew, that would be brilliant as we're just back into kind of lockdown.

The new deadline is December 15, 2020. If you want the chance for a second Adventure, then you could aim for the October 31, 2020 deadline. We understand there are lockdowns. That's why we extended everyone's deadlines to December 15, 2020.

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Frau Potter said:

The new deadline is December 15, 2020. If you want the chance for a second Adventure, then you could aim for the October 31, 2020 deadline. We understand there are lockdowns. That's why we extended everyone's deadlines to December 15, 2020.

I just got this email today too.  I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get mine done by the October 31 deadline, though I am still aiming for that one.  It's nice to know I have a little more time if I need it!

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
2 hours ago, Frau Potter said:

Aww, thanks a lot Frau Potter and GS. :wub: Yeah, we're indeed back into semi-lockdown, and working on my idea might be a wee bit difficult at the moment.

On 10/16/2020 at 4:11 AM, Frau Potter said:

Is there any indication of extending the 15th of December,  we still have some travel restrictions (due to COVID), which will make it a problem possibly getting out to setup ours  up in time.

14 hours ago, Pinkpiggy7 said:

Is there any indication of extending the 15th of December,  we still have some travel restrictions (due to COVID), which will make it a problem possibly getting out to setup ours  up in time.

Same here. No travel restrictions yet, but I guess it is a matter of time (week or so?). I sent a question to HQ regarding this issue and if they maybe plan extend the deadline because of it. If I get an answer I will likely share the info here.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:52 AM, Pinkpiggy7 said:

Okay, so after contacing HQ, I would say that, if you're unable to publish your Adventure Lab in time, just contact them and let know about the issue :)