Contacting a reviewer before placing a cache

we303

Hi, I want to place a cache at a very well known area and from a search of the area, there is no cache listing there. Is it ok to contact a local reviewer and ask if there is some kind of hidden cache like the end of multi or something before I drive a distance, do up a nice cache page and then get turned down because of a cache already there?

17 minutes ago, we303 said:

Hi, I want to place a cache at a very well known area and from a search of the area, there is no cache listing there. Is it ok to contact a local reviewer and ask if there is some kind of hidden cache like the end of multi or something before I drive a distance, do up a nice cache page and then get turned down because of a cache already there?

Sure!

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=22&pgid=199

Edited by kunarion
Bats got in my hair.
  • Funny 1
34 minutes ago, we303 said:

I want to place a cache at a very well known area and from a search of the area, there is no cache listing there.

Is it ok to contact a local reviewer and ask if there is some kind of hidden cache like the end of multi or something before I drive a distance, do up a nice cache page and then get turned down because of a cache already there?

Curious... since there's no caches in the area in a search, have you asked the landowner why ?    :)

When we ask for permission, every once in a while a landowner will want us to stay away from "sensitive" areas, or where they simply don't want us.

Maybe the answer to your "no cache" area is found in your areas Regional Geocaching Policies Wiki.

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 2