Error 500

franktompsongmail

For three weeks now I have been trying to edit six different caches which have issues I am looking to resolve.

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC909QB is one of them (although I don’t know if others in this forum are able to view my caches. If not, please see attached screen prints.)

I always get: “Error 500 - Your request resulted in an error. Please check Geocaching on Twitter for updates. We apologize for the inconvenience.”

I see ‘Error 500’ is quite common but my problem has lasted three weeks and does not look like changing.

Grateful for any assistance before I completely give up due to this technical issue.

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

I can't imagine proxy/VPN making a difference (it doesn't for me).

Error 500 is the universal code for server error, meaning, something at Groundspeak's end.  The technical folks would typically be notified automatically, and they would typically already be looking at it.

But it never hurts to poke; it has been a while.

Edited by Viajero Perdido
Clarity
27 minutes ago, Viajero Perdido said:

I can't imagine proxy/VPN making a difference (it doesn't for me).

Error 500 is the universal code for server error, meaning, something at Groundspeak's end.  The technical folks would typically be notified automatically, and they would typically already be looking at it.

But it never hurts to poke; it has been a while.

Some sites block anonymizing proxies.  I don't know if HQ does or not.  But since it's been a while and others are not having these long standing issues, it seems like it's something on the client side.  But could be anything of course.

Thanks for your time and effort folks, much appreciated.

1.    I am not using a proxy/VPN

2.    The same thing happens if I use Windows via wifi or cellphone network (ie no wifi). 

What is meant in this context please by 'Groundspeak's  end' and 'client side'.

If not solvable through this forum, is there someone at HQ I can approach, and, if so, who and how? I have tried local cache assessors who are unable to assist.

Apologies for what are probably very mundane questions from this relative newbie :mellow:

1 hour ago, franktompsongmail said:

Thanks for your time and effort folks, much appreciated.

1.    I am not using a proxy/VPN

2.    The same thing happens if I use Windows via wifi or cellphone network (ie no wifi). 

What is meant in this context please by 'Groundspeak's  end' and 'client side'.

If not solvable through this forum, is there someone at HQ I can approach, and, if so, who and how? I have tried local cache assessors who are unable to assist.

Apologies for what are probably very mundane questions from this relative newbie :mellow:

You can use the contact us button at the bottom of every page on the  Geocaching website. 

For what it's worth, I have no issue when viewing the cache page. I regret that I am unable to identify a potential solution, but I would start by temporarily disabling any antivirus programs that may be running, as well as any ad blockers to see if that changes anything. Otherwise, contact Geocaching.com HQ using the contact us link at the bottom of any cache page. Provide them with a link to this forum topic.