Watch List

jdcfamily

When I view my Watchlist on the website dashboard, it shows that I have nothing on it.  However, I keep getting emails from caches that I watched years ago.  How do I get the emails to stop when I can't see the list itself?  Also, I thought I had several TBs on the list, but since I can't see the list, those may be gone as well.  

25 minutes ago, jdcfamily said:

When I view my Watchlist on the website dashboard, it shows that I have nothing on it.  However, I keep getting emails from caches that I watched years ago.  How do I get the emails to stop when I can't see the list itself?  Also, I thought I had several TBs on the list, but since I can't see the list, those may be gone as well.  

I don't know if this will help you but when you receive an email it tells you the name of the specific list that generated the notification. Does it specifically state it's on your watch list?

On 10/12/2020 at 8:30 PM, Moun10Bike said:

Usually when this happens it's because another account owned by the individual is the one that has the cache on the watchlist. Can you provide the GC code of one or more of the caches that have recently generated an unexpected watchlist email to you?

We faced this magical adding to our watchlist too with this cache: https://coord.info/GC8J8T5

I don't get what you mean by "another account owned by the individual"...?

It seemed like the cache gets added to the watchlist when loading the listing in the browser, but I'm not sure...

Edited by DieKuhmuhliierten
3 hours ago, DieKuhmuhliierten said:

We faced this magical adding to our watchlist too with this cache: https://coord.info/GC8J8T5

I don't get what you mean by "another account owned by the individual"...?

It seemed like the cache gets added to the watchlist when loading the listing in the browser, but I'm not sure...

What I meant is that when people remove a cache from their watchlist but continue to receive watchlist notifications for it, it often turns out that they have a second account that also has the cache on their watchlist, and they are receiving the watchlist emails to that second account.

From my reading, the CO is not describing the same issue that you are. I have not heard any other reports of caches magically appearing on watchlists with no explanation.