adding attribute to an AL

Jayeffel

I am setting up an AL with a bonus cache at the end. I am still working on editing etc. May be adding more steps. At the same time I working on the bonus cache which per my reveiwer will be published at the same time the AL is put on  line.

I cannot find the attribute for Bonus Cache on the selection screen for the bonus cache. Do I need the AL on line first? See nothing in the help section- may be there though.

16 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

I am setting up an AL with a bonus cache at the end. I am still working on editing etc. May be adding more steps. At the same time I working on the bonus cache which per my reveiwer will be published at the same time the AL is put on  line.

I cannot find the attribute for Bonus Cache on the selection screen for the bonus cache. Do I need the AL on line first? See nothing in the help section- may be there though.

What is your cache type?

I see I listed as Multi, I think I maybe I should have Mystery.

I went to the AL and changed to Mystery, same result. I am looking for the attribute symbol that has a "+? " image on it and do not see it. 

I went back and changed it back to Multi. 

Edited by Jayeffel
add info
24 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

I see I listed as Multi, I think I maybe I should have Mystery.

I went to the AL and changed to Mystery, same result. I am looking for the attribute symbol that has a "+? " image on it and do not see it. 

I went back and changed it back to Multi. 

Bonus caches must be listed as a Mystery type. That's directly from HQ in the announcement of the Bonus Cache Attribute. 

Okay, I had changed it from one type to another, but no attribute for bonus cache showed. I finally saw on the guidelines one additional  MYSTERY cache is allowed to connect to geocaching.com.

So back to the edit screen and I made sure it was listed as a Mystery cache.I went again to the attribute selection area and that attibute did not show. I looked a bit and saw I had made the cache premium only, I deselected that, then that attribute box showed up, I selected it, then I went back and re-selected Premium only and the attributer stayed evident and highlighted. 

I guess it does not need to be Premium only.

Another  question to go along with this. When I have an AL published, and have a bonus to go along with it, does the bonus cache show y up as a new cache on it own? In other words, I desire it to be a bonus after completing the AL, not a stand alone cache. Can someone see the cache and find it without going through the AL process? 

3 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

Okay, I had changed it from one type to another, but no attribute for bonus cache showed. I finally saw on the guidelines one additional  MYSTERY cache is allowed to connect to geocaching.com.

So back to the edit screen and I made sure it was listed as a Mystery cache.I went again to the attribute selection area and that attibute did not show. I looked a bit and saw I had made the cache premium only, I deselected that, then that attribute box showed up, I selected it, then I went back and re-selected Premium only and the attributer stayed evident and highlighted. 

I guess it does not need to be Premium only.

Another  question to go along with this. When I have an AL published, and have a bonus to go along with it, does the bonus cache show y up as a new cache on it own? In other words, I desire it to be a bonus after completing the AL, not a stand alone cache. Can someone see the cache and find it without going through the AL process? 

Answering my bolded section: They sure can. If their name is on the log they can claim a find.

Edit: after your first 10 completions on the adventure lab if someone finds it after those 10 and doesn't leave an activity log you will not know if they completed it or not. 

Edited by Max and 99

Okay, Thanks, new to this process and thinking my way as I go-- if I on the Bonus cache setup screen select the "visible except for coordinates"

option for the final stage, then have the coordinates in the Completion box of the AL., or even part of the coordinates in each stage,  that may work. 

1 minute ago, Jayeffel said:

Okay, Thanks, new to this process and thinking my way as I go-- if I on the Bonus cache setup screen select the "visible except for coordinates"

option for the final stage, then have the coordinates in the Completion box of the AL., or even part of the coordinates in each stage,  that may work. 

For a bonus cache for an adventure lab I personally would have only one waypoint, for the final, and hide it completely. No other waypoint needed. 

• Helpful 2
On 10/11/2020 at 5:47 PM, Max and 99 said:

For a bonus cache for an adventure lab I personally would have only one waypoint, for the final, and hide it completely. No other waypoint needed. 

I had toyed with the idea of doing away with the bonus cache and make it a separate traditional cache. Went and changed to traditional etc. I even changed the AL stages taking away the bonus cache clues. Then changed my mind and entered the clues. I went back the the bonus cache, changed to Mystery.

Under the coordinates where asked if it a virtual or physical I put the coordinates in as virtual and under waypoint the coordinates with hide all. and saved for preview,. Now the directions show on the main cache page, the last time they were hidden. What did I do different this time?  Should I put any set of coordinates  but the real ones on the enter coordinate box?

I am having trouble now, I entered info on the Bonus cache, but now on the editing  screen there is a pink  banner on top that reads "You are already using this prefix code" and cannot  add coordinates, waypoints, attributes, or photo.

Edit 10/19: What is basically happening is  I cannot now edit anything.

Edited by Jayeffel