How not to be an officer in a category....

Torgut

So, from time to time I bump into someone in this game which could use a different atitude. Today I submitted a waymark to the category Little Free Pantry

It came declined with this brilliant, helpful and constructive note:

"Does not meet required criteria."

And additionally:

This waymark has been locked by the category group and can no longer be edited.

Contragulations whoever you are.

Edited by Torgut
  • Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
43 minutes ago, Torgut said:

So, from time to time I bump into someone in this game which could use a different atitude. Today I submitted a waymark to the category Little Free Pantry

It came declined with this brilliant, helpful and constructive note:

"Does not meet required criteria."

And additionally:

This waymark has been locked by the category group and can no longer be edited.

Contragulations whoever you are.

UNbelievable.

It should be a very very rare circumstance for a waymark to be locked by the officers. RARE.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Max and 99 said:

UNbelievable.

It should be a very very rare circumstance for a waymark to be locked by the officers. RARE.

As rare as not pointing out what's wrong with the waymark..... as you well said, unbelievable. Very RARE. Just for pros.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Torgut said:

As rare as not pointing out what's wrong with the waymark..... as you well said, unbelievable. Very RARE. Just for pros.

That should never be the case, not knowing exactly why the waymark was declined. And since it's locked, how do you fix it anyway?

Was it the person or the dog that approved that one?

• Upvote 1

Vulture, thanks for sharing your experience. Unfortunately there are more categories in my blacklist. Also, note that is not fair to throw a category to a blacklist because of one officer. I checked and this category has an excellent set of officers. By now I pretty much have an idea of who was that. 

Now, I might have an idea of what was the reason for declining, but that doesn't justify the attitude. It seems that to submit, one has to actually open the box (God knows why...), but in this particular case there is is a problem, which was explained in the description:

https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wm1389N_Caixa_Solidria_Templo_de_Diana_vora_Portugal

"It's not advisable to come too close to the box and definitely don't open it if you are not in need. Why? Because there has been troubles with pillagers who take advantage of these boxes in Évora and abuse the generosity of the donors without really need. Locals are a bit upset and might react if they noticed someone looking.... well... not in the need, around it."

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Torgut said:

Now, I might have an idea of what was the reason for declining, but that doesn't justify the attitude. It seems that to submit, one has to actually open the box (God knows why...), but in this particular case there is is a problem, which was explained in the description:

https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wm1389N_Caixa_Solidria_Templo_de_Diana_vora_Portugal

"It's not advisable to come too close to the box and definitely don't open it if you are not in need. Why? Because there has been troubles with pillagers who take advantage of these boxes in Évora and abuse the generosity of the donors without really need. Locals are a bit upset and might react if they noticed someone looking.... well... not in the need, around it."

I've come across a few boxes with notices or instructions about being careful because of covid. I think the paragraph you quoted should be enough of an explanation why you were not able to open the pantry. I would accept that exception. 

• Upvote 1

I too am UNsurprised.  At least we got to take a look at your potential waymark.  Thank you for that. 

Having been booted off the management of that category, I am still expecting Groundspeak to do something about the human in charge of that Waymarking category. That human still reads these Waymarking forum entries even though that human is forbidden from participating here in the forums.  That human still abuses the privilege of being a leader in Waymarking.

Do I have hard feelings about this category?  You bet!  That is why I am UNsurprised.

• Upvote 1