Test

HG15

I am ready to test my AL with bonus, I selected test on the Builders Screen, and per directions I  used the  QR reader to open the test and I got a screen directing me to download the app, which is already on the iPhone.  I can see no test with the name of my Al anywhere.

I see I am to maybe select privater or public, I see no such selection.

Edited by Jayeffel
add info

Okay, I found how to get to the private/public box,  I selected private since I need to check it out first be sure it all works as hoped.

I see no such test Al listed or shown on the iPhone Adventure Lab app.. Does it take time ? All the QR code does is to still direct me to download the app which I have, unless I need a newer app version.

I think I have it now

Edited by Jayeffel

For testing, in the builder you should set the AL to OFF and click on Create Test, which then displays the test QR code. View that with your phone's camera and it should open the app and run the test version of your AL. If that's not happening, and instead your phone is telling you to download the app, maybe it's a phone settings issue.

Thanks, I was doing that and then using the QR reader to try to open, I think that may have been the problem. Worked when I did it your way. I did not really want it public yet done to possible problems. I did go to the palaces this evening but had to stop at number four, apparently the  coords I entered did not trigger the answer, so I got better ones . And I found for #2 I had entered a wrong digit-- makes a big difference!

The problem I faced this evening as I went from stage to stage it took a long time for the server to respond. But it finally did show the congratulations screen and continued to show the next one. 

6 minutes ago, And Sister said:

I tested my Adventure Lab and also shared the link with a couple of others so they could test it too and give me feedback. Two other people completed the lab. Why am I the only one showing on the Leaderboard or showing up in the stats as having completed it?

I tested my adventure lab many times and I never showed up on the leaderboard. Yours were set to test mode right?

4 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I tested my adventure lab many times and I never showed up on the leaderboard. Yours were set to test mode right?

It was in test mode/private not public. At least, I think that setting is still a test mode. I actually thought I needed to set it that way so that my testers could see it. I wasn't sure if the QR code would get them there otherwise, since I seemed to have issues with it myself.

2 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Test mode and private are very different! Test mode is testing out the adventure lab. 

Private is when you only want certain people to be able to play it.

Good to know for future reference. Thank you. What would have been different in terms of what they saw and how they interacted with the lab? Is there a way I can still see what they did when they played?

Just now, And Sister said:

Good to know for future reference. Thank you. What would have been different in terms of what they saw and how they interacted with the lab? Is there a way I can still see what they did when they played?

Test mode ignores geofencing. Private does not, as far as I know. Using private instead of testing to test the adventure lab could affect your leaderboard. They played under private correct? I would think then it would be on the leaderboard. But I've never used that private feature so I'm just assuming some things. 

1 minute ago, Max and 99 said:

Test mode ignores geofencing. Private does not, as far as I know. Using private instead of testing to test the adventure lab could affect your leaderboard. They played under private correct? I would think then it would be on the leaderboard. But I've never used that private feature so I'm just assuming some things. 

I'm the only one on the leaderboard. There's no indication that they played it at all. When others play it in test mode, should the owner be able to see that they logged locations or finished the lab? 

Just now, And Sister said:

When others play it in test mode, should the owner be able to see that they logged locations or finished the lab? 

I highly doubt it. But we'll have to rely on someone else because I tested my own adventure lab. I think I'm correct though because someone else posted that in order to get credit for the adventure lab, the people who tested it had to play It again after it went public.

I had the geofencing working when I tested, but then again I could not get the best Al to show on the phone app until I set it too public and then hit "test". I followed the directions to use the QR reader on the phone but all that did  was to refer me to the app to download, which I had done a while ago. Then I read and followed Max and (advice to use the camera, and that worked. 

So I could see the geofencing was off on one, but  now I show myself as finding some of the stages!

On 10/17/2020 at 5:32 AM, Jayeffel said:

I had the geofencing working when I tested, but then again I could not get the best Al to show on the phone app until I set it too public and then hit "test". I followed the directions to use the QR reader on the phone but all that did  was to refer me to the app to download, which I had done a while ago. Then I read and followed Max and (advice to use the camera, and that worked. 

So I could see the geofencing was off on one, but  now I show myself as finding some of the stages!

That's because you have it set to public. Use the AL off/ test mode to test the adventure lab. 

I forgot to mention later I had the problem remedied. Sorry. Now I am ready to publish the Al,  for some reason I do not know I cannot edit the cache that is to be the bonus for it. W\Pwer the reviewer once the cache is ready I c an let him. know when I would like it published, that way the cache and AL will e be available about the same time,  or close. 

There should be no reason that you can't edit the details of your bonus cache.  What happens when you try?

Also, most reviewers are willing to coordinate the timing of making the AL public and publishing your bonus cache.   Just let the reviewer know when you intend to turn on your AL and ask if he/she will publish your bonus cache on the same day, or better, just before the AL goes live.