Using TB to record my travels.

valliantknight

I know this may seem simple but can anybody give me a way to use my tb to record the distance travelled between my found caches since 2005 ! There's a few thousand to record and I don't really feel like doing them individually so was wondering if there is a system for doing a 'block download'. Trouble is I'm a bit of a computer numbskull so need the solution in 'baby steps'.....please :wacko:

I'd heard of, but hadn't really paid attention to Project-GC so I figured I'd give it a go. Instructions below are from a computer, if you're on a mobile it may be slightly different.

Go to the Project-GC site and click "Authenticate" (blue button, top right hand corner). This doesn't give your details to P-GC, it gives it access to some of your stats. After clicking, you'll go to geocaching.com again and click the "agree" button.

Once authenticated, click on "My Profile Stats" and scroll down. You'll get a looong page of information. Below the first graph, there's a section "some numbers". About in the middle-ish there is one line "Total cache-to-cache distance". That's how far it is between all the caches you've logged. Mine is just 552km (342mi), and half of that is from a little holiday I had into the hills last week.

• Upvote 1
On 10/9/2020 at 10:13 PM, Unit473L said:

I'd heard of, but hadn't really paid attention to Project-GC so I figured I'd give it a go. Instructions below are from a computer, if you're on a mobile it may be slightly different.

Go to the Project-GC site and click "Authenticate" (blue button, top right hand corner). This doesn't give your details to P-GC, it gives it access to some of your stats. After clicking, you'll go to geocaching.com again and click the "agree" button.

Once authenticated, click on "My Profile Stats" and scroll down. You'll get a looong page of information. Below the first graph, there's a section "some numbers". About in the middle-ish there is one line "Total cache-to-cache distance". That's how far it is between all the caches you've logged. Mine is just 552km (342mi), and half of that is from a little holiday I had into the hills last week.

Thanks for the directions, didn't know all that was there.

FWIW I have total 523,509klm or 13.6 circumnavigations of the earth. Had no idea it was that much.