List views don't load when logged in

mustakorppi

6 minutes ago, mustakorppi said:

I cannot get any list view to load when logged in (e.g. lists main page https://www.geocaching.com/plan/lists, direct link to favorites list, share link to a specific bookmark list). Tried Firefox, Chrome, IE and Edge. Following a direct link to a bookmark list in a private browser window does work.

I'm on Chrome and I'm not currently seeing any issues with lists. 

Sorted. Chrome and IE started working as soon as I accepted cookies (I don't usually use either for gc.com).

Firefox didn't display the cookie prompt but since cookies presumably caused the issue, I just set FF to forget everything geocaching.com related (which then lead to Firefox eating all my RAM and stop responding...), but now everything works again. Sorry for the misleading details earlier.

5 minutes ago, mustakorppi said:

Sorted. Chrome and IE started working as soon as I accepted cookies (I don't usually use either for gc.com).

Firefox didn't display the cookie prompt but since cookies presumably caused the issue, I just set FF to forget everything geocaching.com related (which then lead to Firefox eating all my RAM and stop responding...), but now everything works again. Sorry for the misleading details earlier.

It's always good to see an issue get resolved! Your post might help someone else in the same situation. 

Problem identified: In the cookie selection at least "Preferences" and "Statistics" must be allowed (checked). "Advertising" has no influence on this.
Only then the List is displayed.

Wednesday evening 21:00 CEST was everything still worked.
Thursday morning 7:00am CEST then no longer.
Something went wrong in the meantime. Update, cookie expiration date, ... ???

Workaround:

1. Clear browser cookies manually.
  2. Open website and accept cookies "Preferences" and "Statistics" as seen in the screenshot.

Confirmed in browser-private-mode with: Firefox 81.0.1 Win10-Desktop; EDGE-Chromium 85.0.564.70 Win10-Desktop and Firefox 81.1.2 Android10

GC-cookies OK minimum.PNG

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
On 10/8/2020 at 9:38 AM, Max and 99 said:

It's always good to see an issue get resolved! Your post might help someone else in the same situation. 

Sorry, but you are wrong if you think that this issue get resolved. That's not more than a workaround , I also discovered out on my own today after a few days with no access to my lists.

Why do users have to accept statistic cookies to get basic functionalities they paid for?

Groundspeak still has to fix that issue!

• Helpful 1

Same here, latest Chrome version or IE, page is empty (view, contains Javascript but nothing shown).

BTW: With older browsers the page is not working since long time, this could be fixed as well.

Edit: I could reproduce the bug. It's only working if I accept all types of cookies but should also work for only functional cookies. I don't want to be tracked by advertising cookies.

Edited by hcy
Reproduced bug

I would like to have this problem solved. It is a problem. The website needs to work correctly, even if I don't accept the extra cookies. The functionality should be enough, no matter what website i use. But fyi: it's firefox with an addblocker, and mimimal acceptance of cookies.

• Helpful 1

I have this problem as well.

Had to accept pref+stat cookies, before it worked.

Until recently I did not have to accept these cookies, to get access to my lists/bookmarks.

As it used to work without having to accept these cookie-groups, I do consider it to be a bug. Otherwise there is no real choice, when asked whether to accept pref+stat cookies.

• Helpful 1