Please add option in app to hide completed adventures

baer2006

I know it has been said before (multiple times), but I want to repeat. And to emphasize, I create a new thread specifically for this topic:

Please, Groundspeak, provide an option in the Adventure Lab App to hide completed adventures (both in the list an on the map).

Today, I got another notification that new ALs are available in my area. I opened the app, and saw only a whole lot of completed ones. I scrolled around without finding new ones, so I began to zoom into Munich city center, where eventually, at a deep zoom level, the "new" markers began to appear under all the others. And the whole issue doesn't get better by handing out AL "credits" for just about everyone - some owners already have two ALs published, with a credit for a third! Cities with lots of cachers get swamped by new ALs.

A few days ago, my phone announced a new version of the app. I downloaded it in the vague hope for useful new features, but what was the major "improvement"? An option to apply for an AL credit! Yeah, great, so we get even more AL applicants! When every credit in my area is converted to an actual AL, the app will become practically unusable in the most AL-saturated areas, if you cannot filter in some way. And filtering out completed ALs is the most simple and straight-forward filter, and very useful to the most active players. Also, I cannot imagine that it's that hard to implement. The code drawing the markers obviously "knows" which ALs are completed, so just drawing no marker at all instead of one with a check mark doesn't look like rocket science to me. So please, give it a try ;) - thank you!

• Upvote 4
  • Helpful 3

Greetings, 

Geocaching HQ is listening and are busy at work on several features and improvements to the Adventure Lab platform. 

This feature does not yet exist but we have this work recorded and top of mind. We understand that this is a highly requested feature, so we thank you for your patience as we continue to grow and fine-tune Adventure Lab.

• Surprised 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1

Sorry, but add one SQL part to hide finished Labs when selecting list of Labs from your database is very easy task.

Add one button to hide/unhide this lab is very easy too.

You reply like robot - you are busy at work on several features and improvements to the Adventure Lab platform. 
And only improvement is:  every icon is green what decrease clarity on map.

You don't listen players and lab creators, because you was not able to improve Lab app in last year.

- hide completed Labs

- decrease application power consumption, what is extreme

This requests are basic and from beginning.

how many more years do you need?

Dejwy

Edited by dejwy
  • Upvote 5
  • Helpful 2
  • Love 1
On 12/22/2020 at 7:33 PM, Lynx Humble said:

Yeah finally a real update this year on this app.

Next step will be to be able to do multiple AL/geocache at the same time without jumping back and forth between pages.

A little tricky, and haven't tried it for the AL app, but it is possible to run multiple instances of may apps on Android.  You could keep one open for each adventure.

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/smartphones/how-to-run-multiple-instances-of-an-app-on-android-mac/

2 hours ago, ecanderson said:

A little tricky, and haven't tried it for the AL app, but it is possible to run multiple instances of may apps on Android.  You could keep one open for each adventure.

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/smartphones/how-to-run-multiple-instances-of-an-app-on-android-mac/

That option would kill my phone battery.

Something I need to try that someone suggested to me recently is to use the new GSAK gpx file for AL on the app that-you-shall-not-tell-the-name-on-this-forum

But that would be nice that Groundspeak offer this option on their own apps.