Credit for an AL I've never done

Max and 99

Something strange is going with Adventure Labs! I noticed a new AL bonus cache got published, so I went to the AL app to check it out. As soon as I logged in, it said Congrats, that I had completed it, and gave me all the "secret codes" for the Bonus Cache, and shows my log for a DIFFERENT AL along with other activity logs. Bizarre. I've never done that AL.

Mystery solved.

The entire AL was renamed and all location re-done, so everyone who did the PREVIOUS, completely unrelated AL gets credit for this one, even though we may have never been to that location. So my previously posted, completely hypothetical question of whether someone could completely move the AL to a new location has been answered. Grrrrrr.

• Surprised 2
15 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Mystery solved.

The entire AL was renamed and all location re-done, so everyone who did the PREVIOUS, completely unrelated AL gets credit for this one, even though we may have never been to that location. So my previously posted, completely hypothetical question of whether someone could completely move the AL to a new location has been answered. Grrrrrr.

Maybe you shouldn't have posted it here (https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/358041-what-can-be-edited-after-an-al-goes-public/&do=findComment&comment=5852616) in the first place :D. There's always some joker, who grabs even the craziest idea and runs with it.

• Funny 1
27 minutes ago, baer2006 said:

Maybe you shouldn't have posted it here (https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/358041-what-can-be-edited-after-an-al-goes-public/&do=findComment&comment=5852616) in the first place :D. There's always some joker, who grabs even the craziest idea and runs with it.

It was purely hypothetical. If you delete the copy and elyob deletes the copy and I delete the original maybe no one else will get the idea.