Unable to upload images to geocache log

mole5

I have been trying to upload image files to a geocache log since Sept. 30th (~3 days). Each time, there is an error with the upload, either "Upload failed. Retry." in the case of when I was submitting the original log or "Something went wrong with the image upload, please try again later." in the case of trying to update an existing log. In addition to clicking "retry" and waiting hours/days between attempts, I have tested uploading them on both Google Chrome and Firefox with no success. The photos are .jpg files and are ~700kb-1.2mb in size.

In case it is helpful, this is the geocache I am trying to upload the photos for (the photos are required as it's virtual): GC7B7GH

• Funny 1

I uploaded a whole bunch of photos last night with a log and then added an extra one afterwards with no problems, so it's not a system-wide issue. What are the dimensions of your photos (in pixels across and down)? There might be a limit on that as well as the file size. Try resizing them to something smaller (maybe 1000 pixels across) and see if that helps.

• Helpful 1
4 hours ago, mole5 said:

I have been trying to upload image files to a geocache log since Sept. 30th (~3 days). Each time, there is an error with the upload, either "Upload failed. Retry." in the case of when I was submitting the original log or "Something went wrong with the image upload, please try again later." in the case of trying to update an existing log. In addition to clicking "retry" and waiting hours/days between attempts, I have tested uploading them on both Google Chrome and Firefox with no success. The photos are .jpg files and are ~700kb-1.2mb in size.

In case it is helpful, this is the geocache I am trying to upload the photos for (the photos are required as it's virtual): GC7B7GH

I just tested your issue out on Chrome and I had no trouble adding a photo to my new log. 

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

I uploaded a whole bunch of photos last night with a log and then added an extra one afterwards with no problems, so it's not a system-wide issue. What are the dimensions of your photos (in pixels across and down)? There might be a limit on that as well as the file size. Try resizing them to something smaller (maybe 1000 pixels across) and see if that helps.

Ah, thanks so much! I made them smaller by reducing the resolution from 72 pixels/inch to 30 pixels/inch and they uploaded no problem.