How do I find the "geocacher ID" these days?

Mrs.Hoagie

Hi all, 

In the "old" days the geocacher's numeric ID by visiting their profile, and the ID was in the URL (address). But these days the URL is full of hex code; no numeric ID that I can find. 

Any ideas how to find the old Geocacher number?  I know I used mine in GSAK, but I found it the old way. 

I need the IDs of other geocachers for a puzzle cache I'm working on (solving).  Thanks!

Mrs.Hoagie

1 hour ago, Mrs.Hoagie said:

Hi all, 

In the "old" days the geocacher's numeric ID by visiting their profile, and the ID was in the URL (address). But these days the URL is full of hex code; no numeric ID that I can find. 

Any ideas how to find the old Geocacher number?  I know I used mine in GSAK, but I found it the old way. 

I need the IDs of other geocachers for a puzzle cache I'm working on (solving).  Thanks!

Mrs.Hoagie

I have a puzzle that uses that!

• Funny 2
2 hours ago, the jester & granny said:

I do hover over their name but I am not getting an ID number, getting frustrated 

Hello!  I see you are User ID #41453.  The "hover" method worked just fine for me.  Could you describe where you're hovering, and what you're seeing in the URL indicator that pops up, so that we can help ease your frustration?

35 minutes ago, the jester & granny said:

I was told to go to their forum page and hover over their name, done that, nothing 

OK maybe this is what I need https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/profile/119145-Geo-Sarge/content/, so his number is 119145?

Yep.  

Just above, Moun10Bike said, "If you hover over the "View forum posts" link on the profile, you can see the user ID in the URL (even if they have never posted in the forums).", so you found it.    :)