Test not shown as completion

speedy-1702

2 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

Was your AL set to test mode during their test run? If so, it won't record that as completed and they'll need to delete the test version before they attempt the public version.

I've been wondering about this all day. I tested my own AL, so I didn't know for sure how it affected someone else's account finds if they were the tester.

What you said makes sense, and what I was thinking, but wasn't sure.

On 10/1/2020 at 3:45 AM, barefootjeff said:

Was your AL set to test mode during their test run? If so, it won't record that as completed and they'll need to delete the test version before they attempt the public version.

Yes, indeed, my AL was set to test mode. 

Would a setting to private mode for a test instead result in a completion? 

2 hours ago, speedy-1702 said:

Yes, indeed, my AL was set to test mode. 

Would a setting to private mode for a test instead result in a completion? 

Yes I think so since, according to the documentation, the only difference between private and public is that private doesn't in the list and map and has to be started directly from the link or QR code.

14 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

Yes I think so since, according to the documentation, the only difference between private and public is that private doesn't in the list and map and has to be started directly from the link or QR code.

Okay, thank you. 

Lessons learned:

- self executed alpha tests to be done in test mode

- when letting a friend executing a real live test as beta to check geofencing etc. , then using private mode

1 hour ago, speedy-1702 said:

Okay, thank you. 

Lessons learned:

- self executed alpha tests to be done in test mode

- when letting a friend executing a real live test as beta to check geofencing etc. , then using private mode

I'm only saying this as an FYI. If your tester uses private mode instead of test mode, I'm thinking when everyone else sees the AL publish, it'll already be completed. Might be frustrating for those who get excited about being the FTF. Kind of like letting your beta tester for any other cache type get FTF before the cache is published. 

On 10/5/2020 at 1:53 PM, Max and 99 said:

I'm only saying this as an FYI. If your tester uses private mode instead of test mode, I'm thinking when everyone else sees the AL publish, it'll already be completed. Might be frustrating for those who get excited about being the FTF. Kind of like letting your beta tester for any other cache type get FTF before the cache is published. 

A good point!

Yes and no.

A betatester can be instructed to refrain from logging and continue with logging when the podium is set.

btw: Are ALC-FTF logs considered in FTF-list in https://project-gc.com/ ????

13 minutes ago, speedy-1702 said:

A betatester can be instructed to refrain from logging

Yes, but if they complete the AL first and later write a  log, their log and date will be the first date of completion.  So if they ever do create an activity log everyone else will see that.  However I occasionally see this not happening. For example if I'm the first to complete an adventure lab, but don't create an activity log until six other people have done it, my activity log will show the first date, the date I completed it. But once in awhile it shows the date I wrote the log. so I really need to do some more checking on this but it doesn't seem to be quite consistent in my experience. Hopefully someone else can clarify and explain if I'm wrong. 

16 minutes ago, speedy-1702 said:

No clue. I don't use project GC. 

55 minutes ago, speedy-1702 said:

A good point!

Yes and no.

A betatester can be instructed to refrain from logging and continue with logging when the podium is set.

But if the entire point of them not logging is so a non beta FTF can take that credit, then yes I agree just not logging an activity log may suffice. And the benefit of doing it that way is they will get credit when they test your adventure lab and not have to do it all again.