35mm film canisters

CleverCloggs

On 10/1/2020 at 4:57 AM, yrcko said:

This is my alternative to a film canister:

The thread of a beverage bottle is sawn off. I opted for a standard returnable bottle in Germany (Perlenflasche) because they are more robust than disposable ones . The cut surface is then ground off.

The thread is then placed on aluminum foil and four magnets are placed in it. I use 8mm diameter and 2mm thick ones. 9mm diameter also fit and you can also use thicker magnets if necessary. My first attempts were 2 magnets 10 mm in diameter and 2 mm thick. Also works, but was too weak for me.

The thread is then filled with two-component adhesive until the magnets are just covered. The aluminum foil is easy to peel off and if there are leftovers, they don't bother either. From today's experience, I would prefer to leave it on because it is an additional protection for the magnets. If the cache is placed on a rough surface and the protective layer of the magnet is damaged, it will start to corrode.

The cache is waterproof like a petling and has an inside diameter of 21mm and a depth of 17mm

The reason why I came up with this solution is that it looks like a rotary knob or a valve and, on corresponding technical systems, looks like it belongs to them. I painted one red and attached it to the side wall of an extinguishing system in a parking garage. It is clearly visible to the public and has survived well for 5 years so far.

Stöpsel_komp.jpg

I found one like those yesterday.

On 9/30/2020 at 2:57 PM, yrcko said:

This is my alternative to a film canister:

<...>

Stöpsel_komp.jpg

I made one of these; it's been deployed for years.

It's embedded in a six-inch block of 2x4, screwed to what had been a utility panel on a pre-existing desolate pole.

The cap is the original Coca-Cola cap. "Hmmm," she thought as she stood in the middle of the field. "Something looks out of place."