Testing Partially Developed Lab

rragan

I searched all the posts with "Test" in them and did not find an answer to this question:

Can I create the first location, then generate a test, see how it all works, delete the test and then add more locations? 

I have a fairly complex and ambitious lab planned and it would be nice to verify that things work at the first location before building out the rest of the locations.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, rragan said:

I searched all the posts with "Test" in them and did not find an answer to this question:

Can I create the first location, then generate a test, see how it all works, delete the test and then add more locations? 

I have a fairly complex and ambitious lab planned and it would be nice to verify that things work at the first location before building out the rest of the locations.

Thanks

What a good question! I'd also like to know the answer.

But keep in mind, that you can create dummy stages for the subsequent questions/answers, just as a placeholder, while you test and tweak the first location.

Keep in mind that every stage is completely editable.  That is, you don't have to delete a stage in order to create another one.  You just edit the original stage to be whatever you changed your mind to.

Every single thing you enter on any stage, or in the description, or in the title, can be changed by you at will.  If you are not happy with a stage, you can merely edit it to be something else.

However, whatever you do, don't EVER delete a stage once you've released it and people have found it, as doing so can cause problems with the app and with the system.

The ONLY reason I can come up with for justifying the deletion of a stage is if:

1)  You either haven't released it yet OR it hasn't yet been found

AND

2) You initially created , let's say, five stages, then on second thought decided four would be sufficient.

This brings up another issue:

What happens to an AdLab when, after a bunch of people have completed it, the CO decides to add a stage?  Does this "uncomplete" the AdLab for those who had already completed it? 

I have no idea what happens, and dare not try it, because my hunch is that it would cause problems.