Cache owner dashboard

jimandjoanne

34 minutes ago, jimandjoanne said:

Will the new dashboard send out a request to archive a cache when it has recievied 4 DNF in a row? 

I see that it keeps track and reports to the cache owner that there may be a problem, just wondering if it will also flag it to be archived.  Thanks Jim

Why would a cache that gets 4 DNFs in a row need to be archived? I found one a few years back that had 10 in a row preceding my find. There was nothing wrong with it, just difficult to find (rated D3.5). Not all caches are meant to be quick grabs. Plus there are often DNF logs that have nothing to do with the state of the cache, like these ones I've had on some of my hides:

image.png.c14a0dc39d0a41d93f5eae802c9d8f46.png

For about 90% of the DNFs I've logged, there's been nothing wrong with the cache, just my inability to complete the find on that day, and for many of those I've gone back again (maybe several times) and eventually found it.

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

i think it may be a good idea to ask it in this topic, as it is still open:

Currently there is only one way to see that the cache needs maintenance and it is here (last 3 logs): https://www.geocaching.com/play/owner/published

I think the idea to flag a cache which may need attention is good, but currently set for a NM log is enough (for me).

Edited by sernikk
typo
1 hour ago, jimandjoanne said:

I'm just wondering if the new Cache Owner Dashboard would flag it. Started getting a message that it may need maintenance on the 4th DNF. Didn't get a needs maintenance from a cacher, just at the top of the new page. 

Check out the page - https://coord.info/GC4Z3E9 

You received this message because it triggered the CHS (cache health score). The owner dashboard should have flagged it too. Ignoring the message triggered the reviewer to take action.

I would suggest to increase D of the cache to reduce the odds of getting the message but you got unlucky that a bunch of newbies try to find it one after the other.