Some of your hides may need attention

barefootjeff

At the top of my (new) dashboard I'm now seeing this:

image.png.093251532a19fe0d5fd7cf753da75fff.png

When I click on Review your hides it takes me to the Cache Owner dashboard where I see this:

image.png.e127c69a36f5460e77dd0314fe6e6f85.png

That then takes me to my unpublished Community Celebration Event which has this at the top:

image.png.d33e7b0ec6b8c91ced989a6cff1edf02.png

The thing is, this isn't something I can respond to or do anything about. The reviewers here have said that no events will be accepted for publication until the state government allows gatherings of 100 or more people. Currently the COVID limit is 20 with little likelihood of that changing in the foreseeable future.

The problem is that having the "some of your hides may need attention" message permanently on my dashboard means it will mask anything else cropping up that really does need attention, such as a CHS infringement.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

My CCE  last action log is my disable. Possibly you could submit, then immediately disable to fix this?Try it.

I believe it's scraping for last action log by admin, or admin Reviewer note.

This was mentioned in the New Owner Dashboard thread, which may be where your comment belongs.  (I agree it's a bug, but i believe it was implemented this way, and i know it's been brought up before.) I expect the thought was that most unpublished listings would be fixed and submitted, or archived. But CCE of course are just going to sit until owner can have an event.  Could be a while.  Not something that anyone was coding for when the work was done on this....

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/357286-release-notes-website-new-cache-owner-dashboard-july-6-2020/

Edited by Isonzo Karst
  • Helpful 2
53 minutes ago, Isonzo Karst said:

My CCE  last action log is my disable. Possibly you could submit, then immediately disable to fix this?Try it.

I believe it's scraping for last action log by admin, or admin Reviewer note.

Thanks. I clicked on Respond, which then took me to the Post Reviewer Note page, and just posting that reviewer note without having to actually submit it for publication seems to have cleared the "needs attention" banners.

• Helpful 3

I just noticed this too, on my Cache Owner dashboard and figured I'd just have to accept that I'm going to see "Some of your hides may need attention" until I can actually get the CCE event published.  So all I need to do is post a quick reviewer note stating things are on hold until we can hold larger events, and that will clear it?

I did attend a CITO event at a local park yesterday - good to see folks (even behind a mask!), get out and find some caches, and clean up some trash at the same time!  But I don't know when a CCE event will be allowed...

UPDATE: I clicked on respond and acknowledged the GCHQ message, and said I'd work on the CCE as soon as restrictions allow.  That did clear the "Needs attention" flag!

Edited by CAVinoGal
Updated info
  • Helpful 2

I saw the same thing. The only hide of mine it could conceivably apply to would be my unpublished CCE. Which is foolish.

It makes zero sense that I should have to submit for publication and then pull it back just to make this go away. But I'd rather do that than miss some actual issue with a published cache.

It would, however, be nice if this could be configured to apply only where it is warranted.