First Time

adhaas85

On 9/27/2020 at 7:19 PM, cerberus1 said:

:)

Here, ammo cans and Lock n Lock plastics seem the most popular the further away from a town (large green areas on the map) you are.

Some are now being replaced by wide-mouthed pill bottles when COs experience theft (they're cheap or free...).

- My favorite CO, known for awesome locations and unique areas only uses pill bottles.

He's our favorite because he still goes by the idea of the marketing message "language of location",  rather than making the hobby all about "treasure".

It's possible I guess that certain areas just don't care for them.  That's a shame, as they're good containers, with the least maintenance.

The cost is a bit more than a film can too, no wonder why caches are wet.   ;)

It might be that they're not allowed in certain areas. We have some here that only want clear containers.  

- I guess contacting some folks listed in the Geocaching policies wiki  for your country would say.

You've found a couple "regular"-sized caches.     What were they ?he only  regular caches I have found was old plastic boxes....  broken and wet logs with stuff in it that had never been changed,  was really disappointing as its said it was a xmas cache LOL that's why I traipsed halfway up a hill! 

5 minutes ago, CleverCloggs said:

You've found a couple "regular"-sized caches.     What were they ?he only  regular caches I have found was old plastic boxes....  broken and wet logs with stuff in it that had never been changed,  was really disappointing as its said it was a xmas cache LOL that's why I traipsed halfway up a hill! 

I looked at the first two "Regulars" on your Found It list, and you said they were Awesome and Cool. Your partner for the one said the cache was great!

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
2 minutes ago, CleverCloggs said:

Must have found more than 2 then... :)   some where awesome.. sorry MUST do better when trying to explain things on this forum.... "sigh" 

yes, just went back onto my log and saw, yes I found a regular one which was lots of fun to find.. Monty Pylon, dry new and a good log book...    

anyway Logging off from these forums for a while....

4 minutes ago, CleverCloggs said:

That's too bad...       :)

Here, from around Thanksgiving to Christmas day, I find an area that has quality containers, and put tree ornaments from a major brand (in their boxes) into ammo can caches.

- Sometimes their miniature ones go in plastics while walking through, but I'd like to steer folks with new GPS gizmos for Christmas to better containers.

We ask every CO if it's okay first (most are thrilled), and only had one that didn't want folks walking in snow to their hide.

Just now, cerberus1 said:

That's too bad...       :)

Here, from around Thanksgiving to Christmas day, I find an area that has quality containers, and put tree ornaments from a major brand (in their boxes) into ammo can caches.

- Sometimes their miniature ones go in plastics while walking through, but I'd like to steer folks with new GPS gizmos for Christmas to better containers.

We ask every CO if it's okay first (most are thrilled), and only had one that didn't want folks walking in snow to their hide.

awesome... I have found a couple of great ones, and a couple of iffy ones...  love xmas ..and will , maybe if I continue with this.. put out some really cool ones full of xmas goodies. 

• Surprised 1