Deleted log still visible in the Adventure Lab app

kikonan

As my own created Adventure Lab is visible in the app I tried to answer the question and it worked. I have unlocked my own lab cache. I wanted to rollback this action so I deleted the log from the web page labs.geocaching.com. However, the Adventure Lab app still shows the first lab cache as unlocked. The web page show zero logs for this adventure. So the Adventure Lab is currently in inconsistent state. What should I do to correct it - either to have log and progress in the app or to reverse the progress in the app to zero.

2 hours ago, kikonan said:

Thanks a lot. So I have to undelete the log to have it right.

Only if you consider that two wrongs make it right. If it were me, I wouldn't want a waypoint answer on my own AL to be counting as a geocaching find and would just grin and bear it until such time as they allow such finds to be deleted from the app.

If being able to log finds on your own AL is considered by the designers to be a feature rather than a bug, that's probably another reason to keep AL scoring completely separate from geocache finds.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, kikonan said:

Thanks a lot. So I have to undelete the log to have it right.

I am utterly confused. I thought you did not want to have any found it logs related to your own adventure log. So you just delete them on the website. Now your find count for that Adventure Lab is zero. Isn't that what you want? The first stage of your adventure lab will still be unlocked but the website is not giving you any finds for the lab. 

On 9/22/2020 at 2:17 PM, Max and 99 said:

I am utterly confused. I thought you did not want to have any found it logs related to your own adventure log. So you just delete them on the website. Now your find count for that Adventure Lab is zero. Isn't that what you want? The first stage of your adventure lab will still be unlocked but the website is not giving you any finds for the lab. 

As there is no possibility to reverse in the AL app I assume this to be feature rather than bug. Actually, my AL is combined with Wherigo so the answer to the every Lab stage question is the result of the minigame played. I have played the games several times while I was testing it. So I have no problem counting the finds of my own AL caches. That is why I have undeleted the log and I am currently in the process of completing the AL series. Once I am in the area I unlock the particular stage. 5 caches more o less... The result - the web, the app and statistics will match...  

• Funny 1